I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

it make me thinks about some song of dopplereffect good tracks

Yes, it was just Techno in the widest sense. The tracks are here:

https://imgur.com/Y9PQtE8.png

1 Like

Dopplereffekt? I always considered him as an “Electro Synthesizer” guy, as someone who makes music similar to Jean Michel Jarre, just even “spacier”, colder and way more experimental. But I’ve seen that he also made some single Electro pieces, so thanks for the hint. I had to purchase this one right away:

Cool, I’ve had a listen and if I consider everything (composition, authenticity, mixing and mastering) you should have won. Honestly, I’m not saying this to flatter you. So did you win? Imho Cromo Rojo has got the best style and instrumentation, but the transitions in this track are pretty uninspired and same-sounding breaks, so minus points for that. Your track is the most complete one.

1 Like

Nope, of course not. The final ranking is linked. I got 17 points.
Some even said it’s not techno but Hardtrance

made a while ago

3 Likes

Thanks TNT for you comments :slight_smile:
Yes it is a bit thin, using few tracks.
I am glad you like the composition. That what count most to me.
I would like to mix things better, but it takes so much time, so when I work on a track, i sometimes reach the point of “I cant stand it anymore… I want it out now”, so then I just release it, to get it behind me :slight_smile:

Is Thomas E. Petersen nowegian? He is very danish, but mabye he lives in Norway now?
Anyways, he and Thomas Mogensen are great composers :slight_smile:
Always good inspiration ( and Jeroen Tel, Rob Hubbard, Martin Galway, David Whittaker, Benn Daglish etc…)

Yes, it’s very confusing. The name is very Danish, but everywhere was a norwegian flag shown next to his data. So originally I thought he’s Danish because of the name, then I thought for almost two decades that he’s Norwegian because of all those norwegian flags, but now that you mention that he’s Danish I had to do some research in order to finally know the truth. According to this interview he’s Danish indeed, but just as you say he lives in Norway. So I was right at the first time, but I did a wrong correction afterwards. Anyway, he’s Danish! Which means just as I said before I deleted it, that being Danish and having the name Thomas seems to be a good combination for music creation. That’s two of my Top 5 musicians in terms of SID style. :slightly_smiling_face:

It shouldn’t take long to mix 4-6 instruments properly. :wink:
But no complaints about your mixes at this point. What I’ve heard was quite all right. If you reach the point that you can’t stand it anymore but your track is still unfinished, just store it on your drive and finish it another time. It doesn’t matter how long it takes. The most important thing is that you like your own stuff and that you’re satisfied with it. Otherwise it makes no sense releasing. I do it that way myself, and sometimes it takes up to 10 years until I continue working on a song. Just like this one.

Some don’t have a clou what they’re talking about. :laughing:

1 Like

When I first listened to the other tracks my first thought was that my mix really sucks. It sounds much brighter than the rest.

https://soundcloud.com/neonate_aeon/anymore

Most of those mixes are too dull imho. And there are also some tracks that are brighter than yours (for example “Es gibt nur einen Weg”). But in the right dose brightness brings a clean sound, and that’s one of the most important things in mixing, don’t you think? Of course, just as always, balance is key. If you neglect mids and bass, brightness turns into harshness easily. On the other hand, if you cut too many high ends, it quickly becomes dull and possibly also turns into mud. And I think that’s what most producers are doing, even many “professional” ones. Personally i think if a mix doesn’t sound clean, it usually doesn’t sound that good either.

1 Like

1 Like

The Chaos Within, done with Reaper.

2 Likes

kILLER track TNT one of the best i ve heard from you!!

Crazy good!!!

1 Like

I really think it depends on the elements that are present in the track. My track is quite busy and the instruments add up in the mids and highs while many other tracks are focused more on the lows. When you look for instance at tracks of Plastikman they look dull on the spectrum analyzer, but they sound great, just because there’s not that much going on in the mids. Because of that I find it hard to compare your tracks to reference tracks.

@lilith
Of course it depends on the elements that are used. But it’s hard to compare my tracks to reference tracks, because Plastikman’s songs look dull but sound great due to neglected mids? What are you talking about? What do you want to say? Let me know. Plastikman has a different style, of course there are mids but less lower mids in comparison, and his compositions are even more minimalistic. So his tracks cannot be used as reference tracks to compare with my stuff. But of course you could compare my tracks with tracks that have a similar style. You could compare my Synthwave stuff for example with Waveshaper and my Electro stuff for example with Kalcagni. Both are among my favorites when it comes to mixing within their genre. But you already know that I’ve never ever used a reference track in my entire life for mixing. I only focus on my current song and I mix by ears until I’m pleased with the result through several outputs, it’s as simple as that. I don’t copy mixes just to sound the same as everybody else.

Thank you, stoiximan! Glad you like. Sometimes it’s good to neglect a style for a longer time. It gives you the muse to create something cool in no time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not talking about your tracks I mean just in general comparing track a with track b😁

I see. The “I find it hard to compare your tracks to reference tracks” was quite irritating. :wink:
But if you check mixing tips of other producers, mostly they’re telling you that one of the biggest mistakes in mixing is to not compare with a reference track. I wonder why. I repeat, if everybody mixes like everybody else, everything would sound the same. And who’s telling you what sounds good and what doesn’t? Who’s telling you what to use as a reference track? And did the one who mixed that reference track mix it by using another reference track? And who mixed that other reference track, and did the one also use a reference track or not? I mean, someone had to do the first mix ever, right? And as we know there is no perfect mix. Either it sounds good or not, and personally I don’t need a reference track to tell you what’s up. I’ve got ears myself. The truth is, if you listen to several tracks, each track sounds different. As you said, the elements that are used in that track are crucial. So therefore it makes no sense to use a reference track if you don’t clone the composition of that reference track imo, because the used elements would be different anyway.

3 Likes

I just released “Planeswalker” as a soundtrack to the demo “Chemistry” by Ninjadev released at Black Valley 2024’s Newschool Demo Competition. Ranked 2nd. Would love to hear what you think about it!

2 Likes

not my proudest moment

(the techno part in the middle is quite neat though)

2 Likes