I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Made with Renoise. Samples only and some Airwindows plugins.

4 Likes

That´s pretty nice!

here’s something made with Renoise from a while ago

oh and it’s sistertrack (to be played after Dosed finishes)

5 Likes

It should ve been first.Great track

1 Like

Attack Mukadubtesti Flatbits what a beautiful piece!!! Love the little melody that comes in later on

1 Like

thanks! glad to hear it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Listening to you stuff on Spotify since yesterday :). Almost all tracks hit 100% my taste. Are you using Renoise mainly for synthesizing sounds? I like the simplicity of the sounds and I don´t hear many (if any) ultra fat sounding VSTs (which is a good thing imo).

1 Like

short question: do the vocals work for your ears or do they sound displaced?

@esaruoho I was refering to you. :slight_smile: … sorry was not clear…

1 Like

well… if you’re referring to me, i’m not 100% if you are, but i can say a few things.
Container is 100% made with ImpulseTracker
Wrapping is ImpulseTracker, BuzzTracker, Audiomulch, Reason - and a few made with played in synths and processing, and the last track is actually a melody played with Reaktor but fed through Audiomulch processing
Showcase is ImpulseTracker, BuzzTracker, Audiomulch, Logic
Slice is Logic, ModPlugTracker and the last track is Ableton Live. some of the tracks have been started with Logic, bounced to Audiomulch, heavily processed, and back to Logic.
Lexicon of Goods is mostly Logic, with one track made with Audiomulch. - Ender2 is another track that’s Logic → processed with Audiomulch and back to Logic.
Spaces is 100% Audiomulch, except for the last track which is ImpulseTracker played into a sample and processed with Audiomulch.
On the Hangar of Spaceship Earth is half Audiomulch and half Logic - with I believe Terra at least being Ableton Live.
Places is Logic and Ableton Live, if memory serves right.
The Invisible Spanish Inquisition, well, Module for You is obv ImpulseTracker but diskwritten to samples and “mixed/effected” with Logic, Beechmount is Ableton Live only, Introduction to Lackluster is Ableton Live, the rest are Logic.

Aeration Ep is 100% Renoise

a bunch of remixes are Renoise, but one would need to be more precise.

If you can highlight tracks, I can dive deeper.

A lot of the time there will be a sample that i’ve sampled from some analog synth or a digital synth, processed and then layered on top of. f.ex. Windup on “What you want isn’t what you need” (btw which is 80% impulsetracker and the two last tracks are Logic) contains samples sampled from a Moog Prodigy.

Tall#5 on Wrapping contains samples from a Crumar Performer

KCL1 on Wrapping is Korg X3 samples mostly + some buzztracker synths.

Alley ep, there are tracks that are purely Roland SoundCanvas SC-88ST via Ableton Live, some have Microfreak + Nord Modular on them, and some are purely Ableton Live with Surge Synthesizer and XO. and i think one or two sounds are from the Yamaha Reface CS.

but yeah it’d be easier to pinpoint trax if i knew which ones worked for you. Let me know?

1 Like

@esaruoho
Damn, you’re using “everything”. ImpulseTracker, BuzzTracker, Audiomulch, Reason, Logic, Ableton, Renoise and probably more. Your “Attack Mukadubtesti Flatbits” is pretty nice. I especially dig the sound effect design at the beginning. That’s pretty dope combined with the drums, especially around 0:50.

I think your song works better in the demo:

It seems the animations are somehow synced with the song and/or vice versa, Some stuff that’s going on musically makes sense when you see the animations at the same time. The synchronisation is nicely done. But without seeing these animations the song partially doesn’t work for me. And to be honest, I really don’t like “pitched up” singing voices. It always reminds me of “commercial hillbilly Techno”. Anyway, overall it’s a good work for sure. :slightly_smiling_face:

When you posted it for the first time in the WIP thread I just thought “no way”, but now with a different mix it’s not bad. I’m generally not a fan of those kind of vocals, but as long as they’re in time it’s ok. What bothers me more are some seemingly single crooked notes from that synth starting at 0:52.

3 Likes

Thanks for that detailed answer! I’ll check your albums and will come back to you. I also just tried to install AudioMulch on Linux and it seems to work with Wine. :smiley: Latest update was 2016, but it doesn’t seem to be dead. Do you know more?

And did you ever use SunVox?

Thanks, I let it sit and maybe reduce the vocal parts a bit. Regarding the the crooked notes I don’t hear them. It sounds totally fine and harmonic to me. All notes are within the A minor scale. I like dissonant combinations.

A guy with absolute hearing couldn’t listen to this track

So I made a special version for him which sounds much better in his opinion. For me it doesn’t sound right though.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, @TNT! Much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the demo. :slight_smile: And I know pitched up voices isn’t for everyone, I just found this one at random and figured it fit the song well if I just played it in +9 semitones.

Sometimes it’s just about the feel of the track and let music theory aside.It could be wrong out of scale etc but at the same time it can make sense.I ve heard a lot of tracks in this forum that were “wrong” but they made sense to me, inside you know where it really matters.Difficult to explain but i bet many people here understand what i mean

1 Like

thanks! yeah, i also use Pure Data for more ambient droney stuff and live sampling&looping performances.

Most of the sound design at the start is based on samples from Clavia MicroModular. the beats themselves are, well, Waldorf Attack :slight_smile:

For me the heyday of using Audiomulch was 1999,2000,2001 and 2002. I do have both Audiomulch v1 and Audiomulch v2 licenses, but yeah, it hasn’t been kept up-to-date so no Mac ARM version for instance. I do intend to install it on this legacy Windows XP 32-bit tower pc i have which runs zTracker and Logic Audio Platinum 5.5.1, since that’ll be the ideal thing and then i can use it for loading legacy tracks. It is quite interesting and people still use it quite a lot. Some swear by it!

No, I did not use SunVox. Btw, this is very much out-of-date but it was valid around until maybe 2009-2011 or so, i don’t think i’ve updated it for a few years:
https://webuser.scene.org/~esa/trax.txt

Ah hey everybody, been teaching myself how to use Arturia Acid-V,
it’s the first time I’m using VSTi’s outright, not just sampling them.

Please have a listen; Free EP up on Bandcamp:

There’s also a youtube video, showing some of the inner workings of the tracks:

3 Likes

ok, here’s a couple of followup tracks

2009, Renoise, mostly Waldorf Attack (beats, percussion, basically almost all drum/perc elements from the start onwards) and a bunch of samples + softsynths (oh and some piano stabs from a heavily distorted reel-to-reel recording i happened to have - at the start - and then, later on, electric piano plugin with some saturator, probably Chebyshev or Magnet Shaper…)

2009, Renoise / E-Mu Orbit V2, sampled / line-input features heavily on this

2009 Renoise

2 Likes

Why?

Hard to say. The “special version” is better in terms of high ends imo, but the kick hits too strong (it’s almost rumbling at the beginning of the song). So what did he say about your original mix? And why exactly is the second mix better in his opinion? Both are definitely listenable. :wink:

Yeah, oldschool vibes! :Enceflo, dude! :+1:
Those tracks just need some clearness in general, it seems to be muddy due to lack of high ends.

2 Likes