I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

This made my day happy and positive

Thanks! Yes, everything was done in Renoise, like always. But of course I’m also using VSTs, except the drums everything is from VSTs.

I don’t know the game and I don’t know the soundtrack, all I know is that this game also has an 80s influenced OST. But I never listened to it. Instead I listen to a lot of Retrowave and Synthwave stuff primarely on Youtube and Bandcamp.

Awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:
That’s exactly what I’m intending with a simple sound like this, just like Flex Off. It also makes me happy while creating it. Simple, “happy” melodies, in your face beat, simple build up. It’s the opposite sound I usually do, usually I create dark, cold Elektro. But I clearly did more Synthwave in the last 12 months. Just because it makes me happy, and luckily I’m not the only one. Thanks, stoiximan!

Thanks! Yes, I love oldschool style in a modern way. :+1:

Ok, I thought if something is getting cutted from stereo to mono it actually is “monoizing”. Just like this. And plugins like this or like this are clearly stated as “monoizer plugins”, and obviously they are doing exactly the same like FabFilter Pro Q3 does. So if this isn’t monoizing, what else is monoizing then? If you google search “monoizer” you will only find something like these plugins, nothing else.

1 Like

your understanding from how Pro-Q3, or presumably any other M/S EQ works is correct and i have been mistaken.
i never tested it until this very moment, because it felt totally natural to me that things are as i assumed they would be.

and i find it very strange that M/S-EQs in Low Cut / HPF mode are pretty much working the same as monoizer plugins do.
actually makes very little sense to me, but maybe someone is willing to explain why the following logic is incorrect:

definition of the “sides”
they are the frequency difference of the left and the right channel.

definition of the “mid”
it’s the frequency portion, which the left and right channel have in common.

how i thought an M/S EQ in side + low cut mode set to 200hz would work:

• leave the mono portion (sum) of the signal unaltered
  • cut everything below 200hz in the side signal
    and by saying cut, i really mean “making it inaudible”

what it actually does:

• add everything up to 200hz from the sides to the mid.

and that’s exactly what i thought and expected a monoizer to do and not an M/S EQ.

really makes me wonder why there are monoizer plugins in the first place and why “cutting” the sides with an EQ does not “cut” but mono/mid them.

1 Like
8 Likes

The second track is pure genius so we’ll put together.Congrats!!!

1 Like

Finished a new track yesterday … for our forthcoming album. Although this track was made in Bitwig Studio … https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=453458325627726

2 Likes

This is my soundcloud. Definitely not as sophisticated stuff as what most others do in Renoise, but for a long time it irritated me that seemingly nobody made music in Renoise, that was not IDM or Drum & Bass. So I guess this counts as an example that you can do anything in Renoise.
Now my problem I’m a weirdo with my Renoise and collabs are impossible or a pain, so they don’t happen. It hurts, but not at all enough to switch to Ableton. Oh just the thought :smiley: How could I.

5 Likes

Some atmospheric beats from this week, including a field recording from a friend, made back in 2012. It’s very personal but I decided to publish it so it wouldn’t ~gather dust~ inside my projects folder.

Actually the first Renoise track I’m posting here.

1 Like

I enjoyed both tracks, but specially “ostavi moj bicikli (magic forest)”. I loved how playful it sounds. Felt very nostalgic, reminding me of my childhood for some reason.

Also loved your track, @Heptagen. I don’t see ambient-ish stuff made in Renoise here too often (not saying ambient is better or anything, just pointing that Renoise doesn’t seem to be used for other genres too much nowadays) :slight_smile:. By the way, that water pump sample is brilliant.

2 Likes

When it comes to melodies, I think I have a vision (compose roughly in my head, rhythm and ursatz) and then add quite a bit of trial and error afterwards.

Nowadays I only use MIDI keyboard, which has probably damaged the vision part of the process a little bit in comparison to when using only a tracker. Interesting thought.

Good one i like the mix too but it doesnt progress, feels like a big long opening but i think its worth to work on it more

Oh absolutely. There is a lot of potential in this track that I left untouched.
Mainly this is because right now I’m at a spot where I try to go for quantity rather than quality. This is a concious decision that I made. I observed myself over the years and found that I have very few ideas, in addition to very limited time to sit down and make music. So when I finally had an idea, I had way too high expectations and it always ended in frustration. My “music muscle” didn’t have the training to do big things.
So right now I’m trying to train myself to make something out of every little spark of an idea that I have, in the very short time that I have. And I’m seeing great results so far: I have way more ideas than I ever had and what I can pump out in my limited time has way better quality than ever.
My current philosophy has become “quality by quantity”. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kind words and your constructive criticism!

1 Like

Really good track, great composition, congrats!
Your track “Lava” is even better, fantastic track! :+1:

But we have to talk about your definition of “Electro”. I really don’t understand why people are referring to Techno as “Electro”. Electro is something Kraftwerk started, it’s very robotic, and mostly it has some beats and not a “Techno kick”. I guess someone once made a track, didn’t know what Techno style it is and called this kind of Trance “Electro”, even though there already was a music style called Electro. This probably happened about 15 years ago. I don’t get it, but meanwhile there are many people calling Techno Electro. I just want to say, Electro is this, not Techno. :wink:

@untilde
Very good track, some calm electronica, reminds me of Alter Ego’s Decoding The Hacker Myth. Tracks like this. I liked it back then, and I still like it. Well done!

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation. Just the kind of thing I love to listen to :slight_smile:

An ambient piece.
Made with Jeskola Buzz in 2010.
Some of my old demoscene roots came through there.

Cheers people!

2 Likes

Another demoscene release.
Made with Jeskola Buzz in 2012.

Have a good one!

4 Likes

This is one of a kind track man congrats,i tried Buzz myself but gave up very easily and i know its a very capable piece of software

1 Like

Glad you like it !

Buzz sure was/is special in the tracker world.
I remember the day in 1997 when i downloaded it via a 56k modem (those 850kb took a long time).
Coming from Protracker and Fasttracker back then, Buzz was like paradigm shift for me.
And then, Renoise came along.

2 Likes

This eps were made entirely in Buzz (+Synth1)
https://www.discogs.com/ru/Audiocad-Sci-Filator/release/1268025
https://www.discogs.com/ru/Kausto-Pupil-Dilations/master/1593002

This remix was made entirely in Renoise

Then i had strictly hardware phase of releases (i even didn’t edited 'em at all)

And then this stuff was made in Renoise + some hardware + Synth1 etc
https://kuzmapalkin.bandcamp.com/album/ab-fubinaca

6 Likes

@noisetoys Wow nice folk-rock song! Are your tracks on Spotify or Bandcamp?

1 Like