I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Define beautiful, because when I look at the kind of design you choose to accompany your tracks on soundcloud…

You do realise that I don’t have to make stuff to please you and your taste.

1 Like

What did u use for the visuals ? looks nice

1 Like

A free software callled Animus :wink:

Define music. When I read you, it’s clear that you use the word music with a definition outdated by more than a century of history. You think like an old bourgeoise grandma.

It’s ridiculous for you to tell to kriyananda : "what is this

the topic is about Music

this is strange music @kriyananda "

Here is something about the definition of music that could help your mind to be less narrow : "The Concise Oxford Dictionary defines music as “the art of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion” (Concise Oxford Dictionary 1992). However, some music genres, such as noise music and musique concrète, challenge these ideas by using sounds not widely considered as musical, beautiful or harmonious, like randomly produced electronic distortion, feedback, static, cacophony, and sounds produced using compositional processes which utilize indeterminacy (Priest 2013, 132; Hagerty 2007). "

3 Likes

I also find it funny to criticize music based on music theory fundamentals as it was math. It’s something personal. (i do not consider it off at all)

(maybe offtopic but this is really true based on personal experience) typical stereotype: when people read “hip-hop instrumental” they associate it every time that i’m not aware of music theory, playing instruments…

I didn’t ask you for music theory lessons. If you need explanations, please ask. If you want classical harmony chord progressions, listen to Bach, visit music-theory related courses, or arrange meetings with music teachers.

Just think for a moment if we all would stick to the music theory. Even the greatest composers did avoid those ‘rules’ on purpose while making the greatest compositions of all times…
. Please do not try to convert this topic like it was a ‘classical-trained’ music theory guide book.
People have different perception, opinion, knowledge , experience (everything). Say what you personally feel about it, not what the music theory guide-book told you ‘was right’…

*note about reply to @Soph

please tell us by which rules/theory you are referring that the tune is wrong? microtonal? baroque? renaissance music theory rules? Contemporary? Jazz?

Guess what? You are the one who is mad because you’ve experienced something unusual. Music is not supposed to be ‘beautiful’ every time. Or tell us that you listen only to ‘beautiful’ (be it tonality or spectral-wise, it’s not in the scope of my point) tunes

Also if you do not like any sort of music, it’s very rude to say ‘it’s wrong’. Maybe the artist wanted to express that exact feeling that you are experiencing… the feeling that is not ‘nice’ in any way or ‘beautiful’ as you wrote.
Try to express yourself by saying ‘i do not like it nor i can comprehend it, and therefore i do not consider it music’* or "based on my music theory experience, i do not consider this as a music piece at all’

when i do not like something - it’s most likely because of several factors:

1. never heard similar tune, so i’m confused and out of my comfort zone.
  2. it’s microtonal - i do not have much experience in this domain
  3. it’s not the genre i’m used to, so i need some time, to listen similar tunes - to grasp the concept behind the track/composition.

…and this takes a lot of time and effort to understand. It’s basic learning process… It requires that you get out of your comfort zone… You simply cannot understand any piece of music just upon first listening. Specially the microtonal stuff - since we are not used to it (at least i am not)

Have a good one

3 Likes

Nice and dramatic little tune. It has a that wonderful melancholic vibe that a lot of synthwave tries to achieve. Of dark, wet streets with neon lights reflecting off of it. That crescendo at around 1:30 is nice. Good tune.

That is some wicked sound design you’ve got going on! The track itself is nice and abstract. Works for me! Good stuff. The visuals are nifty too.

1 Like

Efkharistò Kirye :slight_smile: thanx for listening…

1 Like

I thank you for your words, Sir! :smiley:

1 Like

Well said (written) Brother… even Claudio Monteverdi was criticized back in his days when he tried to break free from the strict reinassance palestrinian conterpoint rules (“prima prattica”) with his Books of Madrigali… father Artusi even wrote a book about his “errors” (“Delle Imperfezioni della Moderna Musica”) where he showed several bits of Monteverdi scores (without citing clearly his name) to show he was wrong according to the old rules. Thank god, Monteverdi didn’t pay attention to his detractors and went on his wonderful “seconda prattica” giving us masterpieces which still sound modern nowadays… besides that, I haven’t met any Monteverdi on this forum so far, we are just trying to share the music we produce and love; somebody considers himself entitled to tell which music is right or wrong, but frankly that’s utterly stupid. Schoenberg, Stravinskji, Berg, musique concrète, John Cage, Steve Reich, Lamonte Young have outclassed the antiquated concept of “beautiful music” which, nowdays, means hardly something. Peace :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you understanding.
My point was that no one can tell you that your music is wrong, since only you know what you feel/hear… and that is based on your experience… please do not police the music :stuck_out_tongue:
Have great time expressing yourselves (making music)!

3 Likes

I love this community!

3 Likes

Curious @Soph, did you write the first 29 seconds of your piece? If so, well done. If not, do you (or anybody) know what it is based on?

1 Like

It’s just a cover song of this one written by Ruban Nielson aka Unknown Mortal Orchestra, that I did my way :

3 Likes

Hey you guys stop arguing ,I had enough of that in my life no need to have it here also.I think EatMe should apologize and move on.Maybe he had a bad day so let’s forgive and forget and make more music.

7 Likes

As requested by @stoiximan and @eretsua, here’s what I hope is the final version of “Sunset Through The Rain”, posted on SKIO Music this time. Listens and feedback is, as always, highly appreciated. :blush: :pray:

4 Likes

Fantastic, as always!

That track grew up to big, beefy and strong. I like the melancholic nature after the first break.

Can’t really put my finger on it what it is exactly. Between 3:20 and 3:40 it feels like something fishy is going on with the rhythm. Like it skips a beat here or there. If that is intentional, that doesn’t really work for me. But I did notice it. :wink:

1 Like

Sounded very nice in my earphones but I will hear it later in my good speakers just to be sure.

1 Like

Hm, there is nothing intentionally wonky about the rhythm, so I wonder what that might be. I don’t hear it myself. Could you please try to be more specific?