I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

thank you very much for listening <3

You really managed to build some solid atomsphere, and have an interesting contrast with the kick drum that is sidechained to the mix, making it pierce right through to the listener. Every element, from the bass, to the melody really peaks through, and feels clear. Solid production overall, great track!

1 Like

thanks for your words !! im glad you liked the tune <3

Cool rhythm but it sounds like a huge breakdown, man.
You need to compose some drops and your lead is boring after first minute of composition - it is too short.
But it is nice work, whatever.

Just uploaded a track I made with renoise :

I used samples for the beats, the instruments (leads, bass, chords) are more or less stock presets of Surge and I made the spooky laugh myself. This is also my first real dive in the art of mixing after watching hours of tutorials.

If you have advice to give me, I would be glad to read them :slight_smile:

Cheers

2 Likes

Piano track evolving into some dark ambientish noise drone.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Here’s a schmaltzy Christmas song for you, composed and recorded mostly in Renoise, with vocals and guitars recorded in Logic. Goes to show that this DAW is good for more than breakcore.

Happy holidays and thanks for all you do in here.

3 Likes

Oh, you have made a sweet Christmas cover! Nice to hear a warmer track from Renoise. I miss some!
I really like there are recorded parts with guitare and vocals.

Personnaly I have still a lot of difficulty to include some live-recorded parts on my own compositions, but I’m working on!

Have a nice Christmas holidays! :evergreen_tree: :sparkles:

1 Like

This is great!!!Superb singing and composition. Merry Christmas to you too

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, I think the warmth comes from the excellent new Vital synth, free-ish from Matt Tytel – I used a gorgeous pad sound that just has that Christmassy ambience. The vocal reverbs in Logic also give it that all-encompassing “cushion” of air around my voice, evening out the transients and filling up space with warm air. (A little auto-tune doesn’t hurt either).
I generally have pretty good results recording guitar and bass live into Renoise, but I always end up having to make a choice between letting my imperfect take play through or chopping the sample mercilessly and trying to piece together all the slices in proper time (this almost never works). Logic has some nice flex-time features so you can correct for off-beat notes and stuff. It’s a bit more forgiving than Renoise in that respect.
But for roughing out a song quickly, getting the overall chord progression and structure laid down first, Renoise just makes it so fast. I used the ChordLord extension from @EatMe to program all the synths and pianos in it – that alone is reason to use Renoise as a starting place for compositions.

1 Like

Inspired by the Silent Hill 2 Soundtrack

All feedback welcome and appreciated.

Edit: I think the strings could’ve been mixed a little higher in terms of volume, but that might just be the ear playing tricks on me.

3 Likes

So true! :joy:
That why I switch sometime to another DAW (Ableton) for ajusting a live-recorded sample. But I love the simplicity of the Renoise sample editor too!

My notion of Christmas.

5 Likes

What a nice surprise this song is.So well done I really can’t say anything against it.Ths is ready for some vocal work

older beat that i’ve just uploaded

3 Likes

Nice scratching and a rich bass, thanks! : )

1 Like

Transition at 3:30 is fantastic!

Thanks, it was done solely in bitwig by using ‘sampler’ :slight_smile:

it’s crazy what you can come up with within single DAW these days… I’ve used to use virtualdj for scratching, binding fader position, but nowadays this is even possible in DAW by using native devices!

Thanks for checking out!

1 Like

Hello beginner here. I like it, it’s well produced I think. But maybe (maybe) you could mix the drums louder in some parts that need to be punchy (not sure it’s a good practice to do that)
did you do that with real instruments?