I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

3 Likes

One of my latest 2020 one :
Getting Apophenia Meaningful When Looking at Starlight
More breakcory oneā€¦
Made in Bitwig 3.2, maybe they will add some vertical patterning one of these days ? :wink:

2 Likes

@Woodpecking_Mantis Nice to see how you are mastering Bitwig.

While I am struggling with Bitwigā€™s pianoroll and missing the side-by-side note overview of Renoise, I went back to Renoise and started some melodic psytrance. It is just a scaffolding so far, do you like it?

Now I am missing the whole Bitwig modulation system to add fancy modulations everywhere. Because I am lazy, of course you can do that with Renoise, too, but itā€™s so comfortable in Bitwig to do. Also those internal synths in Bitwig surely work great for psytrance.

3 Likes

Pro track man congrats and happy new year

What!!! if this was my track i would release it as is ,then again i am a lazy guy :grinning:.Very very good and a happy new year

Thanks man, good fresh year for you, too!

1 Like

Sound very very good and I like that it is not the typicall 0815 psytrance style. It sounds more mellow and organic. IMO the track is finished too.

1 Like

Wowā€¦ thatā€™s a complex project. How long have you been working on this?

thanks a lot, man! happy new year!

1 Like

Yes, love bitwig, but I have to make some workaround to get some needed features that were directly available in Renoise. Bitwig still misses some workflow improvement that as a user, I would have take care of sooner than adding more new goodies and sound generatorsā€¦ (like not all the functions are keyboard mappable yet, and Iā€™m a heavy keyboard maximus using guy)

The Bitwigā€™s sampler misses several features of the Renoiseā€™s one. For exemple, on a breakbeat used like in Renoise with markers (non-destructive) I canā€™t write chromatic pitches per note like the good old 0UXX 0Dxx commands. I have to build a 2 tracks : One that give the sample slice I want to play and the other my chromatic sample pitches. I also added a third track that can switch the breakbeat sampleā€¦
So in one sampler, I can have many breakbeats, selectable through pitch modification coming from regular midi track. A second midi tracks for the sampleā€™s pitch, and a third midi track that selects the current breakbeat slice.

I prefer the way of write automation from Renoise with a simple right-click edit, that is so much faster. In bitwig I have to map to a controler or to ā€œrecordā€ automation, activating ā€œrecordā€ on a track is a time losse we donā€™t have in Renoise.

Also, the thing that was though with Renoise was harmonic/melodic visualization. Its difficult to see all tracks and to know which one plays what. Letā€™s say you distribute a chord between 3-4 tracks playing one note eachā€¦ Itā€™s easier for me in Bitwigā€¦

I love the recalling presets of Bitwig and the per project copy/paste transfer stuff. I save a lot of time using this function. (you can drag/import from a project tab to another open one). Modulation is a lot of fun like you were saying. And ā€œthe Gridā€ still early as a sound engine, but already plenty of fun.

Very funny, but I miss the ā€œRepeaterā€ of Renoise, maybe we will get theses Renoise natives as plugins someday.

1 Like

Usually, from 15 to 80h per trackā€¦, I forgot to put the 4U project Hofa plugin in this projectā€¦ I just added it at the end of the processā€¦
:crazy_face:

It looks more like 80 days :rofl:

1 Like

hello!

Here is a Hardstyle track made on Renoise:

@Neander Diggi Thaler
I fu**ing love your Hardcore tracks, espacially
Red or Blue Pill (180bpm)

Please let me know what do you think of it!

Thanks everybody

3 Likes

Enjoyed this!

00:48 Insane bassdrum style medley.
01:45 Nice lead buildup; dig the filtering on the lead later on too.

1 Like

This is f@cking amazing!!!I usually i donā€™t like hard core tracks but in this case I really enjoyed it.

1 Like
3 Likes

dope bro i dig it :slight_smile:

i need to figure out a way to perform my stuff :

1 Like

I made this back in 2009

and this today

Iā€™m back into renoise after years on bitwig.
Actually I started this track on bitwig, I made a cool beat and started to chop it.
Then I noticed how painful the process was going to be if I want to introduce variations in this way with bitwigā€¦
I resampled the bitwig break and started a track in renoise.

I love both daws since bitwig allows so much sound design with modulations but renoise has the amazing tracker workflow.

In bitwig I like the signal routing better, you can split your signal inside a track for example for multi band fx stuff. in bitwig you need to use send tracks for this.

In the past there were more renoise competitions (sdcompo, mutant breaks etc) This seems to be dead, too bad. working with limitations with a small given sample pack was really cool for creativity.

5 Likes

@Jek @stoiximan: thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

appreciate it. Iā€™ve used to use mobius but itā€™s 32bit aaaand discontinued? bitwig clip looping without metric is not smooth as live looper. Support is aware of that and said that they wonā€™t improve it soon at leastā€¦ So i tend to play it all at the same time insteadā€¦ mpc software, bitwig, even in renoise :slight_smile: