I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Well, yes - that was some method to use sequences that makes your song sounds better, but I was always skeptical when I see whole track based on sequences, especially in that jungle style presented by idem345. There was lot of modules like that and this one looks like made using few of them without anything added. I’m still waiting for answer if these sequences are his own or found / taken from other modules. Usually that type of modules was banned on parties because it’s not really tracker music, it’s like presenting wav sampling in different form.

Well, yes - that was some method to use sequences that makes your song sounds better, but I was always skeptical when I see whole track based on sequences, especially in that jungle style presented by idem345. There was lot of modules like that and this one looks like made using few of them without anything added. I’m still waiting for answer if these sequences are his own or found / taken from other modules. Usually that type of modules was banned on parties because it’s not really tracker music, it’s like presenting wav sampling in different form.

I don’t understand what’s the issue here. I sampled the original Amen break, processed it and converted it to a native Amiga format (.IFF) and loaded it up in Octamed and programmed some beats. Everything you hear in that track is my own. I have never sampled from other modules. In fact, I don’t even know where to find other modules. What exactly about my track makes you think I have stolen something?

2 Likes

What exactly is “yours” in your module? I hear sampled drums and sampled chords. And in fact not so much more - not even single note written in OctaMed (bass track for example? no, thee is no such thing). You wrote that everything in that track is your own, but since this track is beat (Amon break) + chords (are they at least prepared in Renoise from single sounds?), there is not so much “own” in this track, except mixing beat. IMO not enough to call it truly yours. Even Richard L. Spencer (who has rights to Amon break) says that songs based on Amon break are plagiarism.

This post greatly explains why I will stop posting any music here !

2 Likes

Well, I can sample some Judas Priest song,.resample, cut to smaller parts, insert into ProTracker and publish here, but then it will be my fault when someone criticizes me for that. I don’t say that music itself is bad, but I’m against called it “my song”. As someone else said - this is forum for adult people, not kindergarden and people should expect not only positive opinions.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and your posts. If you can’t recognize that, then too bad. Keep up the good work in making this forum uncomfortable for a lot of participants :+1:
10 years ago I was reading this forum a bit, I now came back a few weeks ago. I think I’m done :slight_smile: better stuff to do in my days !

1 Like

do not stop posting music ! every once in a while appears a character like this

1 Like

@antismap please do not stop posting music here, do not be discouraged!

Exactly!
if you were an adult you would surely understand the history of music, sampling, melodies, how it evolved… etc… (at least the part that is considered music history as we know it…)

also, the recent forum flame war (in which you actively participated) - with openly admitting that you do not have the facts, but claiming something in the opposite manner is purely childish… so please cut the cr*p and move on :slight_smile:

stop using plugins, or instruments, or pc, because it’s not truly ‘yours’… or the DAW, because you didn’t make it… orrr we should abandon the planet because we do not remember how we got here in the first place… orrrr…
this topic became a total mess, sorry for being part of the contribution…

What is wrong with my criticism? My post was a question about used sources in music that was published as author’s own song. I am not a person who born yesterday, especially if we’re talking about tracker music, and can recognize sampling when I hear/saw one. This topic title is “I would like to hear YOUR MUSIC”, not “I would like to see how good you can resample some loops and put them into OctaMed”. It does not matter what kind of music someone presents, it is important that it is your own.

If it’s ok to use someone elses sounds and sequences, then I think I can be graphics artist as well:
pokemon
I made everything myself, except for the pokemon and the background.

But ok, I don’t want to be on this forum anymore. I will leave you with your happy blissful feeling of being great artists who can put 3 sequences into OctaMed.

Did you use Blender to make this? It’s pretty good

No, I just found it on internet and save it on harddrive by myself (read description below picture). :slight_smile: It supposed to be a joke example of using other’s work. :slight_smile:

so you are not willing to discuss - and leaving forum because there is a disagreement between different persons…? so adult :rofl:

moderators: please branch off the blender thread below :face_with_monocle:

Well I’m slightly confused now but nevermind I think it really shows potential. I personally like this tutorial you should check it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPrnSACiTJ4

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 14.23.08

The finished thing. It looks great. It’s like you could pick it up just eat it

There was this fella knocking about a couple years back… Pablo something. I think a lot of people liked him. But he did some thieving of his own I think. Seemed to make a decent living out of it. Food for thought.
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 14.28.59

1 Like

What is wrong with my criticism? My post was a question about used sources in music that was published as author’s own song. I am not a person who born yesterday, especially if we’re talking about tracker music, and can recognize sampling when I hear/saw one. This topic title is “I would like to hear YOUR MUSIC”, not “I would like to see how good you can resample some loops and put them into OctaMed”. It does not matter what kind of music someone presents, it is important that it is your own.

Apples and oranges.

1 Like

To add a few words to this topic:
I understand your position and personally I don’t use samples and loops because I want to create something “completely on my own” (if you can say so, because I don’t use instruments created by myself, I just adjust presets and stuff according to my needs - on VSTs I didn’t create myself). BUT we also have to mention that there are music styles based completely on samples and loops, especially if breakbeats are involved, such as Jungle, Trip Hop or Breakbeat, or of course Hip Hop. And if you listen to Trance or else, you will realize that often sampled breakbeats are used to give the whole beat a little bit more “fullness” (Is it the right word for that?). If you cut the breakbeat and turn it into a different one, you may can say “I did it”, even if the source is not from yourself. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Last words before I say “bb” for good.
Using presets is like using instrument - they’re just sounds. You can use piano like thousand of other musicians and it’s still ok, because for creating music you must do something more than just press single key. In 4ch ProTracker days people uses drums sequences and it was ok too because of program limitations. And ok, its something I can understand too, I’m not against that drum sequence if it will be combined with anything more than empty space. But there is not much more. You probably saw thousand of modules (and me too) so we both known well what “ripped” means and what is truly musician’s work and what is not. I also understand that some genres are based on mixing and ok - if someone use filters, some interesting mixing techniques, something extra added to original sample, just anything, then I can call it “fine”! But OctaMed has no such things as filters or advanced tools for mixing etc. In this case we have only drums that plays “as is” and chord that is played. So I’m asking - if it’s ok, then it will be also ok if I sample my favorite song from CD, resample it into 22168 (F-3 in PT) and cut into smaller parts, then mix? And then should I publish it here and say “this is my own song”? Honestly - would you do that?

Anything may be an art, but not everything should be called own music / composition. DJs for example called it “sets” - probably for a reason.

My original question was not against that song - I’m just curious because I was creating ProTracker songs with mixed sequences or chords that I created in other (better) program. And I hoped that in this case I get answer “yes, I created these chords by myself in Renoise using xxxx” or something like that. Instead of a calm answer, I was attacked by few people. For what? For asking question? Or maybe I have not enough experience with PT/OctaMed/Amy formats?

Before you go, please tell us who attacked you, and in which way.
and after you’ve ignored 2 replies from me, you are intentionally ignoring discussion, replying to only what you want to, and not being objective here at all. You have proven several times that you do not deserve healthy discussion - by intentionally ignoring replies and by participating in flame war that ocurred recently on this very same thread, by picking a side with clearly admitting that you do know the facts <- my subjective experience. Please prove otherwise or keep sh^tposting like usual.
Have fun

2 Likes

Are you blind or it’s just alzheimer’s disease?

And do not say that I attack you - I’ll not remember that like you did.

Why should I answer if I didn’t get answer for my question but accusations?

And I may agree that in previous “flame war” I didn’t know the facts. But what it’s related to this situation? Here I know all the facts, have big experience in that matter and asked question about autorship of song.