I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

first two rectangles are facts, not attack… if you consider my reply as an attack… well you have serious issues, since you were the one who was constantly trying to enforce ‘criticism’. There you have it, and you have problems… You are one huge loop block (like renoise has), press enter and develop further…

after all, i’m not your parent, and trust me, i will ignore your posts, since i’ve spent numerous amount of time trying to be nice and civil with you, but obviously you are the only person who can help himself.
I never told that you’ve attacked me at all, how come you say that?
it’s pointless jumping across the various topics, just to justify your blank points/statements…
Cheers

If someone says something personal or “cut the crap” instead of write polite answer, it’s personal attack. Is it too difficult to uinderstand for you?

if you do not have a mind to keep going oftopic because you cannot accept someone else’s viewpoint, after several nice suggestions, then how can i say it 10 times to literally cut the crap? it’s only my viewpoint, don’t be upset for it, keep living your life, it’s just an opinion, get over it.

for the record: i’ve said numerous times that you create topic for your endless frustrations - not that i cannot accept it, i just think this is not place for that - look at the OP name.

i never demanded that someone must accept my opinion - ever

again you are trying to flip my words - like you usually do - thus making this conversation endless - again

if this takes admins to ban me - i have no hard feelings and i accept the responsibility, but boy, you are a pure retard.

if you scroll up, you can see my past experience, stated many times. You are proving again that you are ignorant.

sorry to everyone i’ve broke my commandment several times by replying already - but no more, i promise

I can answer the same to you - cut the crap. You can’t even notice that you can’t accept someone else’s viewpoint, but you demand that others must accept yours. Child.

And how big is your experience in PT/OctaMed modules music anyway so you can’t even recognize what is real module and what is sampled sequences song? This discussion will never have a place if you let the author answer my single question (because I was curious) without stupid comments.

Mate you started all this by shitting all one of the posters above for making a fucking simple jungle track like the 1000s of other jungles made before it. Who do you think the people on here are? The heads of Universal Music Publishing Group? It’s forum that’s made up of predominantly hobbyist musicians that make no money off of the music they make. They do it simply for the fun. So if you come in with heavy criticism in which you tried to delve into massive philosophical arguments about music/art ownership, plagiarism, and copyright laws of course you’re gonna be met with with serious counter-criticism.

Mate, I didn’t know how that module was created and I was curious. I always assume that it may be made interesting way, but instead of let author answer me, you start defending him before I even get any answer.

You blatantly accused him of plagiarism in an attempt to take a shot at his integrity as a musician. If you were really curious you would have asked him a simple question like “was it sample or was it not?” But you didn’t, and now you’re trying to play it off like you were innocently inquiring into his process. Stop lying and be honest. You were looking down on him for using samples!!

1 Like

Really? My first post was that:
“I just want to know - in what program do you made that sequences? This whole module is sequence based, so I hope it’s something you made by yourself in some DAW, then just downsample to format that OctaMED can handle.”
then after some discussion I answered to TNT:
“I was always skeptical when I see whole track based on sequences, especially in that jungle style presented by idem345” and “I’m still waiting for answer if these sequences are his own”.
Then I get answer: “I don’t understand what’s the issue here. I sampled the original Amen break, processed it and converted it to a native Amiga format (.IFF) and loaded it up in Octamed and programmed some beats. Everything you hear in that track is my own.” which was strange, because “everything is my own” and “original Amen break” are opposite. But I’m still curious about these chords. And I asked “are they at least prepared in Renoise from single sounds?”.

And the only answer I get was: “Apples and oranges”.

You know, for me it’s huge difference - I may say that module is great, even sequence based, if all sequences are made by author. Then I can say something like “great work” etc. It’s not that I wanted to say that if he uses someone else’s sequences then he mus burn in hell etc. From time to time I may be positively surprised and I was counting on it in this case.

You just completely dropped half the conversation there

1 Like

Accusations of plagirism Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 18.24.05

The old “sampling isn’t real music therefore samples are bad, you wouldn’t catch me doing that. Only people who can’t make music use samples” argument
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 18.24.26

And then the continuation of that through mocking
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 18.24.35

1 Like

That was conversation with people who start discuss with me instead of author. If someone attacks me or ask me anything, or accuses me that I’m wrong, I have right to present my arguments. Too many public defenders here, not enough answer from musician I wanted to speak with.

One thing I’ve learnt from this discussion: There are electronic music producers in 2021 that don’t know the Amen break and have to ask whether it’s “your own sequence” or not. I thought you were kidding but the fact that you were serious is absolutely mind blowing.

It’s well known beat, but it can be reproduce. I really didn’t know how it was made and it’s not that someone can’t made the same beat (with little changes for example). What I was really curious that about rest of song, because “all is mine” in this particual case means… well, still don’t know. Chords are yours? Made in Renoise or other DAW? Something else I don’t hear there? Or it’s just jungle mix. Then it’s also fine - you have right to do whatever you want.

What you presented wasn’t an argument. You went on the attack from the get go by taking shots at idem345 for no reason other than the fact that you didn’t seem to approve of the use of samples. Having a separate conversation with someone else about idem345 while still on the same page, even if not directed at idem345, doesn’t excuse the mocking, and plagiarism accusations. You’re wrong in this argument and I understand your desire to fight back, especially when you have so many people jumping at you at once, you obviously want to defend yourself, but the reality is that in this case XTD you are simply in the wrong.

Anyway, I’m going to stop now. This thread has enough spam and fighting. It’s always fun to have a bit of an argue now and again. In a week or so it’s usually all back to normal. See yas

1 Like

For clarification (without any bad emotions) - there always was two type of songs based on sequences in old days - samplings/mixes/etc. and compositions where authors made their own sequences (and chords) in separate program to get around limitations of 4channels. These two types of activity was always separate and totally different. Sampling and mixing in 4ch tracker requires only basic knowledge and modules like that was never treated (by computer musicians) as good compared to other modules. But that is not the point. Sometimes good musicians made songs based on own sequences (created by themselves) and they usually wrote info about that because they don’t want their modules to be treated like sampled sequences (and for prevent questions “where is it from?” “- from nowhere, I wrote it by myself” etc). And because there is no easy method to recognize what we’re dealing with, information was crucial.

And, well, after reading to the end of this thread after being away a few weeks, this feels like an appropriate track to share:

Done in Reaper with ire and vengeance.

Peace.

5 Likes

Very nice and very different from what you usually post.This reminded me of this great track

Hahaha you are right this is just what we need.Rock on!!!

Very nice, this as synthwave version.

Thread owners should have an option for being/select thread admin. IF I WAS YOU, I would delete ANY unfriendly critics, but also ANY unfriendly answer, too. I am offering my admin services to the thread owner.

1 Like