I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

the finished version of the jungle WIP that I posted a few days ago :

This time all is made in renoise !

9 Likes

Really nice, I especially like how the elements are not covering each other, all is very subtle ! Nice athmosphere also.

Only thing I not 100% fan of is the snare, maybe a bit snappy, or we hear it too often. But this is just my opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

big up. very nice work :clap:

1 Like

Hi, I made some progressive noisy rock lately, thatā€™s not something I usually do but I like listening to itā€¦
There are some influences like pink floyd or deity guns that I canā€™t deny, but Iā€™m pretty happy with the mix and the guitar processing (I have no hardware, everything is made from bare guitar in the gear !)
I used only a synth, a korg poly 800 with the fury 800 plugin (free)ā€¦
For guitars I used some NI guitar rig 6 and waves gtr3 (pretty expensive, but rather good)ā€¦
For the reverb I use ambience that is a free but very versatile plugin.
I also use some soundtoys plugins to pimp the mix.
Everythingā€™s made with Renoise.

I think I might do some other tracks in this style, thatā€™s quite funny to compose.

no lyrics this time, so I translated them in every languages of the universe:

Ā« migraine Ā» translated from french to <pick_your_preferred_language>

ā€¦

( this is a quite private joke, soā€¦ donā€™t be afraid if you donā€™t understand :slight_smile: )

ps: oh andā€¦ :renoise: ā† what ? no renoise emote ?!

7 Likes

You should, this is epic stuff!

thanks ! thatā€™s encouraging :wink:

Great stuff man but the mix is kind of muddy in some places especially when the drums hit hard

1 Like

Yup, I think I distorted drums a bit too much, thatā€™s not that bad on all speakers but I see exactly what you point out in my headset.

edit: there I think I fixed it.

1 Like

It has that prog rock vibe to it, yes.I feel it is a bit too muddy, too receded, too dark. Try cutting some of the lower mids. That will give it some more air and space to let the mix breath. That will give it more power, more punch.

1 Like

new song today

and audius too

4 Likes

Man that pad /strings whatever they are in the first half was a wonderful touch,it really kept me interesting and then in about 01.40 they screamed at me. Wonderful!!!

1 Like

new one up for the found sound challenge over in comps and collabsā€¦ hope some of you will try the challenge! made entirely with found sound samples, no instruments or synthesis in this one. long live renoise :metal:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Lovely drone man.It was like tectonic plates clashing each other

Cool, interesting sounds and great atmosphere :slight_smile: Whoā€™s on the vocals ?

1 Like

wow with headphones this sound is quite immersive! This could have be in a film or a videogame score!

Here is a part of a pop-rock song Iā€™m working on, not a genre Iā€™m used to do:

A real vocalist will sing to remplace the vocaloid line.

Anyway I find my instrumental mix not very clear :thinking: but I hope Iā€™ll be able to fix that. Lets cross the fingers!

2 Likes

thanks! thatā€™s one of my kids being weird

I really appreciate how much character organic sounds conveyā€¦ so many subtle details we donā€™t even necessarily consciously hear. definitely contributes to atmosphereā€¦ thanks for the listen!

@anon81231982 dope track. some deep illbience happening here. compelling soundscape :+1:

@Fabrice I like this. nice dreamy pop vibe. feels like the percussion kit could cut through the mix more, and Iā€™d maybe dial back the mids or volume on the first effect swell. Nice work!

1 Like

Sure, Sometimes I think that we are nowadays too much focused on synths and forgot that there are a lot of cool sounds to uses in samples or simply around us.

I listened to this song from Caribou for years, without realizing that the main ā€œleadā€ was not a weird organic sounding synth but actually a sampleā€¦ (ok, maybe I should have listened more closely :D)

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll remember these advices to improve the mix.