Idea: Supercharged *vsti* instruments

The instrument effect chains are pretty powerful and it would be awesome, when we could route the vsti audio output through this.

This would allow us to save complex instruments with renoise effects and vst effects as one instrument file.

Not sure how complex this is for the audio backend of renoise, but we just need atleast an activatable “special” effect chain below “None”, where the audio ouput of the instrument plugin is the audio input.

I also think it would be nice. Plus the macros as well.

Its time to bring this idea back to life :smiley:
I still think this would be pretty powerful, a specially for devices like multiband send inside effect chains:

“Instrument Automation” device would be also needed in effect chains, so we can assign macro knobs to VSTi parameters inside the instrument.

I would like to add the idea for a maybe simple implementation:

The instrument dsp section could listen to midi, and the input device on index 1 could provide optional parameters like instrument number and midi input channel. The automation device still could be put on the track instead, since it refers to the instrument number / slot, and so the input device on #1, too.

Is this the thing that would allow for side-chaining in Renoise?

Sidechaining :arrow_down:
https://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Routing_Devices#.23Sidechain

1 Like