Impulse Tracker (and Others) Under Mac Os X

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

Anyone with a powerful CPU can tell me how good ft2+dosbox runs on their machine using 44000+interpolation+16bit mixing? (I thinking about buy a new CPU)

anyway … exist today a CPU able to run a 32track song using 44000+interpolation+16bit mixing under FT2 dosboxed?

This is so ironic it’s funny.
My 33mhz 486 with 8 megs of ram ran FT2 like heaven.
My 1800mhz G5 with 1000 megs of ram isn’t fast enough.
:)

Did you know you can also run LBA with current windows systems? Check out http://lbawin.akoonet.com/. Since the program isn’t finished yet (but is nearly perfect) you can only download it if you register as a beta-tester.

Yeah, go for it! LBA is maybe one of the best games I’ve ever played and certainly one of the most memorable ones. The game is completeable with the current LbaWin version 0.8.0.

I finished LBA about 8 times. I have a special DOS 6.22 SB16 computer which I use only to play LBA :).

Well, I sometimes run trackers and old games on it, but LBA is the main reason.

I utterly, totally and absolutely loooooooove LBA!!! It’s my absolute all time favourite game, I can play it all the time and I don’t get bored.

And I can finish it in 2-3 days :P.

i have the same trouble with opening it-files, no samples but all the information in pattern- and track windows are complete…

after reading this thread, is it impossible for me, on a ibook 800mhz, to work with my old it-files?

henric

Cough…

Funny how people have 3500$ computers tryin to do what a 5$ used pc can do natively.

omsg you guys are talking about little big adventure. i played that about 5 years ago when my athlon 1ghz was broken and i had to use my 486/33 for the summer. that was a fun ass game! although very hard and i couldn’t get very far! but now that i know about lbawin i think i will try it again :) i actually tried playing it a monht or so ago with dosbox but couldn’t get past the part where you get to your house and that elephant or whatever shoots that homing bullet at you. but anyway …

this is awesome
:drummer:

You should obey your lady more ;).

She says “Hide, they have itchy trigger fingers!!!”

So… hide. Use descreet mode.