Insert Device

So I’m not fancy big city musician, so this might already exist in an easy form somewhere. But if you guys wanted to use an offboard effect, like a hardware insert, how would you set up the routing for that?

I keep thinking it’d be nice to have a simple (superficially) device you can drop in your effect chain that takes what comes in and routes it to an output, and then takes what comes in on an input and spits that further down the chain. Probably hell on latency compensation, but hey. I have a Nord Modular with a shit ton of ins and outs and a sound card to match it, and it’d be super fresh to be able to easily integrate the two without complex routing. Thoughts?

I’ve never tried it, but you should be able to do this with the send and line input routing devices?

2010 thread: How To Insert And External Effect (Guitar Pedal)

alternative$

Radial products might peak your interest or not.

Personally, I’ve given up on sound-cards, well, at least in owning one, and would rather seek a studio if the recording needs to be beyond the causal.
With that said, I’m going to give the DigiTech JamMan Solo a shot for my analog recording needs.