#Instrument Driver

Parameters:

Source channel - Chooses which channel to grab note effect data from. (Default: Current channel)
Source instrument - Chooses which instrument triggers the instrument driver (Default: All instruments)
Dest instrument - Which instrument to drive (Default: Source instrument)
Transpose - Transpose the note data by ±x semitones. (Default: 0)
Delay - Delay the events by N rows (Default: 0)

The audio generated by the instrument goes on current channel. It would be specially cool if it was possible to route the audio to current position of the #instrument driver, but it’s not strictly necessary.

Basically what you can do with it:

1. Play several instruments in Unison allowing you to create more complex layered sounds by using multiple instruments.
  2. Easily create chords or arpeggios by automating transpose parameter
  3. Automate the creation of complex rhythmic structures.

Reasoning behind “Source channel”: If driving bass by kick for example, you want them to have different DSP chains. The driver COULD have “destination channel”, but by using “source channel” we can easily see where the sound is coming from when in the bass channel DSP chain.

Worth discussion

More complex filters and tranformations.

This seems related to Instrument Strucure, which is a whole other can of worms. I imagine any new radical overhaul of how instruments work would make this device obsolete.

Having said that, this is a bloody good idea and I would definitely use the living shit out of it!

Not neccesarily. This device is sort of an workaround for the lack of multilayered instruments, but not only.

I am sure this would be something those guys who love hydra and cross track routing, would appreciate. I would too use it quite a lot.

Ability to drive other instruments from effect stack is one of the things I miss quite a bit!

I’ll guess, this topic does fit the part that does not speak about the multilayering then:

For multilayering though, i’ld rather have a new XRNI structure for that. No workarounds, either the full blown thing or nothing.