Introducing The Soundevotion Competition!

i’m undecided about the sample packer participating. maybe you should run a poll on the sdcompo forums?

After a lot of consideration and discussion, I’ve settled on honesty as the best policy and allowing samplepack providers to participate. If someone feels pathetic enough to try to cheat by submitting a premade entry along with a slanted samplepack, it’s placement will still depend on their musical skill. A good composer with 2 weeks will still be more impressive than a lousy (rotten) cheater composer with 2 months. This is a compo for fun and it doesn’t seem fair to deprive the generous provider of the samplepack of participation.

To keep things fair, I’m going to allow anyone who wants to submit a samplepack of their own to do so. This isn’t to say that anything submitted is guaranteed to be used but I will try to keep a certain level of quality.

Round 1 has officially completed and the Results are in! Moving things right along, Round 2 Tracking has begun! Entry deadline for Round 2 entries is April 29th, 2006 00:00 CST.

Come join the Compo!

hmm started with a track… but as usual… lost interest for the moment haha… this is bad, … to much time involved with work i guess … but still want to let you hear the preview

let me know if this should be finished… and i’ll try :P

My Idea

the snare roll at the beginning reminds me A LOT of a west african djembe rhythm i learned @ an african drumming camp, the song was called “coo coo” (not sure how to spell it ) … i think it is popular around guinea, west africa…

anyway

of course you should finish it! it’s badass… not to mention the fact that we need more rhythm centered tracks in the compo. in the 1st round, there weren’t any tracks that centred around the rhythm, with the exception of maybe Waterhead’s submission (which was quite badass by the way)

Round 2 Tracking of the Soundevotion Competition has completed. This round came to a close with a grand total of 12 entries! With over 30 people downloading the samplepack, this is a modest turnout but none the less exciting! Thank you to everyone who participated in Round 2 and we hope to see you again in Round 3.

There were some really great tracks in this round! The quality of entries overall was very impressive.

some really great entries put in by everyone! i’m having a tough time voting my top 5 because there are about 5 that i like all about the same amount (a lot) :)

Round 2 voting has finished and the Results are in! This 2nd Round produced some amazing entries and the quality level overall was very high! Thank you to everyone for participating in Round 2!
Keeping things moving, Round 3 Tracking has begun! The Round 3 entry deadline is May 19th, 2006 00:00 CST!

http://www.sdcompo.com/

can I join the cometition in round 3 ?

just wondering

of course, do it!

Absolutely! Please join us! Everyone is welcome. :)

Round 3 Tracking of the Soundevotion Competition has completed. Thank you to everyone who participated in Round 3 and we hope to see you again in Round 4.
Voting for Round 3 has started and the votepack is now online!

:unsure:

Typical, too late again… Next time I’ve gotta get it done EARLY!!

Ohh nooo! :lol: Hope you can make it next round! :D

I’m looking forward to doing this now that I have some free time.

Excellent, welcome! :)

Round 3 voting has finished and the Results are in! Thank you to everyone for participating in Round 3!
Keeping things moving, Round 4 Tracking has begun! The Round 4 entry deadline is June 11th, 2006 00:00 CST!

Round 4 voting has finished and the Results are in! This 4th Round produced a variety of entries including Jazz, Electro-Pop, Drums and Bass, Electro-Synth, and more! Thank you to everyone for participating in Round 4!

Keeping things moving, Round 5 Tracking has begun! This round features an Adventure theme! The Round 5 entry deadline is June 30th, 2006 00:00 CST.

Round 5 tracking has finished! This round featured an Adventure theme! It unfortunately included only 5 entries, but they were GREAT with styles including egyptian funk, industrial, tribal, and more! go get the votepack today!

Thank you to everyone for participating in Round 5!

I would just personally like to say that participating in SDcompo over the past few months has been a great source of inspiration and motivation for me and my tracking.

so I encourage you to come check it out! it’s a nice little community over there. nobody cares who wins or loses, it’s just a lot of fun to see what other people did with the same resources and share music with each other :D

Round 6 Tracking has begun! The samplepack is now available and this round features an extended tracking time of 3 weeks total! This will give people who have not had time to participate in the past more of a chance to enter SDCompo! Entry deadline for Round 6 is July 29th, 2006.
Come join in the compo! :yeah: