Invisible Filters ?

Nah, I tried it with some other sounds and it’s intermittent in the sense that it does it on some sounds and not on others.

Here is a raw sound, ripped straight from ishkurs electronic music guide www.ishkur.com
movinraw.ogg

Here is the same sound with the EQ10 effect with settings as above rendered to sample:
movinrendered.ogg

Here is another version with the EQ10 effect settings exactly the same, only the effect is applied using the apply track fx button:
movinfx.ogg

The ogg files are high bitrate, and the difference is still (to my ears) really audible. Try it yourself.

Oh, and uh, here’s what I was gonna do with that sample…
movinjunglish.ogg
:ph34r:

EDIT: I had to take down the last file due to bandwidth reasons

“movinrendered.ogg” certainly sounds different from “movinfx.ogg”
Its almost as if the latter had the effect applied twice.

Might it be that you played the FXed sample through the channel that
still had the EQ on as channeleffect?

:)

Heh thx, good advice, Im just too lazy :D

When I chain 2 EQs setup as you described and play dry sample I get same result as applying FX in sample editor 1 time.

This must certainly be a bug related to the apply FX button.

Thanks for having a look at it, Mike.
Yeah, it’s probably nothing to do with the problem this thread was originally created for, but a problem nonetheless.
Heh, Taktik, could you move this thread back into the bug report forum? :D

PPPS. :)

2 Tactic:
“I still think there is just a filter device compatibility problem in EternalEngines example song (the cause of all the discussions).”

I do not use internal renoise dsp in example wav files and in last tests
exchange noise sample to VSTi white noise generator. And make tests with lots others EQ’s. Difference in results of mixing is present in any events.

2 ceejay & tactic.
“I can try to make two identical mixes in Logic and Renoise to compare mixing quality, but i’m afraid it’s hard to make clearly fair comparsion in this case.”

In last tests which I write before I did compare with equal DSP in Art Teknika Virtual Mixing Console. And console have equal results with Renoise 1.5&1.281. Conclusion - last versions of renoise don’t have “Invisible filters”, but old can have it. Or something in method of dsp calculations.