Invisible Filters ?

This man make me funny. :rolleyes: Man, I say to yo one think which you will not be able to argue. All normal programs for mastering sound is obliged to have possibility of make bright and not bright sound. Has since conceived author. Without any restrictions. Current versions of Renoise make restrictions in mastering. Restrictions which do not allow make “bright” sound in any events for any instruments and any situations. This is the bug, and please do not make flame in there.
And about samples, I am mastering engener of this samples and I obliged solve which sample will be bright or not bright. Only I but not mastering program which I work… ;) And I think these fair for all who can work with sound, and know something in this…

I’d like to ask you wher you can choose “bright” or “not bright” sound in nuendo , wavelab and similar programs. I am not trying to flame, I am just honestly curious.

I’m curious too, if you think vorsed sound of hi frequences in Renoise can be restored with only one filter (EQ) in master channel. Make bright sound when it needed is one of primary and hard purpose of hi quality pro arrangement. If you say what you say you know nothing in sound. Nuendo, Wavelab it’s only other VST hosts with other purposes. And this about nothing.
Repeated request - please go out of here and do not make flame.
I’m not need in comments of somehow who conceited without knowledges. Sorry.

2 EternalEngine: Hey countryman, please try to be more modest and polite here, cause you’re not the hub of the universe. Not only you have ears and experience.
We must accept all opinions cause we all Renoise users and it’s a comunity job - to make our favourite app superb.
Remember - courtesy is a good form and kinda tradition in this community

2 B-complex: What you mean “more natural” ? I can understand if you talking about live instruments like guitar or piano sound. But in those demos we can hear synthed sounds. And difference i can hear is not in naturality, but in clearness, and detalisation. So older version sounds with more brilliance! And this is not just the high-end boost i mean, but quality of whole sound and mixing.

@ceejay
Ok, I try to be polite in future, but I hope you can understand - nobody not likes such comentaries in his addres. Without normal argumentation. It’s wrong way for polite talks. And I say about this with little more senses. I hope this can be understanded. <_<

When testing sound its important to understand that sound changes over time so a fft analysis of a particular excerpt may not be same as one taken from another position in time. This is true also with white noise samples although descrepancies statistically lessens with use of larger excerpts.

So I made an experiment where i analysed the waveform in its ENTIRETY before and after it had been “passed through renoise” to see if v1.5 somehow had applied some sort of filter along the line.

TEST
I played a frequency sweep sample on Channel1 which then passed through following effects.

The frequencySweep was created in SONYs Soundforge 7.0 with these
characteristics: 4.5 - 22 khz sweep, 32bits, 48khz samplerate. 15 seconds long.

On Channel1
gainer
DC offset
Mixer EQ
Metadevice:Send to Send1

On Send1
Gate
Compressor
VST: C_Superstereo

On master
EQ10
VST: DelayDots Spectral shaper

The sliders in the effects where at “init” position so as to not color the signal
but would indeed show if foul doings where at intra-effect and/or intra channel data passing.
/TEST

RESULTS
This i spectrum analysis of waveform as created in SF7.0
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/Mik…/orig_sweep.jpg

This is the same waveform analyzed after being passed through
Renoise (Rendered with Argurus Sinc algorithm)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/Mik…noise_Sweep.jpg

I can find no evidence for any filtering or other artifact added to the signal
by Renoise 1.5rc2 except the volume was lowered “by default” but that is another thread :)
/RESULTS

Eternal Engine, I don’t think that I was rude on you, I just said my oppinion, but I better not comment your behaviour in this topic, maybe it’s just lack of your english but I don’t think so. I respect right of everyone to tell what he wants, But from what I’ve read here you are far from being mr modest.
peace

In my personal oppinion it’s not more detail it sound’s too metalic to my taste.

Wow. Looks beatiful.

I still think there is just a filter device compatibility problem in EternalEngines example song (the cause of all the discussions).

EternalEngine:
Cant you simply send us (the developers) a small uncompleted peace of your originla test song for testing? That would help a lot. We wont make this song public, nor use it for our music, so I really see no reason why you should not send it over to us.

So I make some new tests and after all want say to all this is realy strange news - old versions of renoise have bug wich perfects sound. This is true and not a joke. New versions don’t have bugs.

And after all I go to drunk and stay with work on renoise 1.25 :D
World is full of amazing events. :)

Good bye, pleasantly there was have talks with you gentlemens. :D

Nice test Mike!

im gonna have to check out 1.25 soon
i read this whole thread and it seems some of what this guy has stated, ive seen (even tho i couldnt understand alot of it)
but after reading this i completely empathize with this guy.
there were quite a few times i wanted to post about a problem i was having
but i decided not to because of all the problems involved . in my case not knowing all of the -proper- terminalogy to be able to communicate what i am seeing/hearing -an then not ever being able to take a screenshot to show it.
an then getting all pissed off when someone starts making snide remarks trying to degrade the revelance of my post, an then because since i actually spent the time to bring it . it gets pidgeon holed in some stack of -things to do when we need something to do, whenever that is, type stack.
it makes it that much even more frustrating…
like or instance, i have a template i made a few months ago.
ive been using it in alot of my modules
a few weeks ago i modified it to use newer samples and added sends to the tracks
just yesterday i opened it up and whenever i press a key while in edit mode
it freezes and takes off all through the whole pattern filling in each line with the same note!!
then it stops at the end of the pattern, and lets me use it again.

its that type of stuff that makes me wonder why i paid for renoise.

i think the worst part of it is, that in other sequencers i didnt see so many, many problems with vsts and vstis, at first i thought it was renoise and now i have no idea. or the time anymore to really try to figure out why all these plugins i want to use wont work with renoise.

so now you can see how i can empathize with this guy so easily.

i do love renoise and i figure if you love something then you should stick with it even in the hard times. so in order for me to use renoise i have to go back to 1.281 and wait till i can buy a better laptop to be able to use 1.5 ;)

I´m sorry choice that you got serious problems yesterday.
But being overdramatic will not solve anything…

You seam to be able to communicate good enough to be able to report a bug…
But I know it’s not something every user wants to do…

I had some money and I bought FL5 when it was released. However there was a bug in the pianoroll that made it sometimes play a note as any other note. Now that bug rendered the whole program useless to me.
The bug is now fixed.
I know FL very good, shortcuts etc, but I have keep sticking to Renoise, its much quicker for me.

What I want to say is that all software has bugs even more expensive software.

Hope things will work out.

well think whatever you will.

its a royal pain in the f****ing ass to report some of these bugs so if you think its me being over dramatic then how about me being pissed off ?

some of this shit is a complete fing joke
3+ghz to run a f
ING TRACKER?
i read some interview shit that pulsar and taktik wrote quite awhile ago on what they had planned for renoises future

hardly any of the shit has been done or is being done.
THATS WHAT PISSES ME OFF
so get off my case
BEFORE I GET ON YOURS

@choice

Bug reporting indeed takes some patience. But its worth it isnt it?

Do you or anyone have a link to this article pls? Would be nice to read little
about the roadmap ahead.

What a bunch of crap…

About the interview I didn’t find anything except for this old interview with taktik and phazze. Anyhow, I think that there are also features that has been implemented that was not in the interview. Priorities change as software evolves… partly because of what we, the users, want, which is great! And we all know that the devs have put so much hard work into Renoise. So choice, what do you expect? That they should have spent even more time (if that would have been possible) or have worked faster or prioritized new features before fixing bugs? It doesn’t make any sense…

I understand it bugs you about the performance, and I really hope it gets fixed. But this whining about everything else is just too much.

Thx Johan very nice indeed.

Let’s back 2 topic, ppl

Is the investigation continues ?
Or it becomes deadlock ?

Anyone have an idea about more researches ?
I can try to make two identical mixes in Logic and Renoise to compare mixing quality, but i’m afraid it’s hard to make clearly fair comparsion in this case.

Right, I’ve come across something, it may have nothing to do with the problem EternalEngine’s having, but it’s something odd I noticed.

Try a simple experiment:

Create a new module.
Load a sample of some music with a wide bass and mid spectrum into a sample slot.
Enter a base note on an empty track with no effects and all gain set to 0dB.
Press play to monitor it.
Now add an EQ10 renoise effect.
Set all sliders above 600Hz to minimum, and set the 600Hz slider to -10 say.
Press play to listen to it. Note all tonal aspects of the sound.
Now go into the sample editor and click the apply track fx button.
Remove the EQ10 effect and press play.

Hear any difference?

I’ll post some sounds if no-one else gets this.

2 laurencedavies:

I did all as you described, and hear no difference…
Maybe i don’t get something :blink:
What difference you got ? Very interesting