What I’d like my Renoise line-in recording workflow to look like:
- Set a line from where to count in (anywhere in the song.
- Mark a selection of rows or patterns defining how long the sample is going to be - this includes when to actually start and stop recording.
- Press a key to start the process.
- Recorded samples are buffered into a new instrument each.
- After an arbitrary number of takes (choosable somewhere) or until a button is pressed, the recording ends.
- Assigned hotkeys plays the song with the buffered samples in the track (without overlap from other recorded samples, but WITH any DSP assigned etc), with the option to delete the instrument if you didn’t like it.
- A chosen sample is inserted into the track in c-4, as per definition in 2 above.
- After every take, there’s a new precount.
- Option to play the latest take automatically after recording it, and then with the press of a button delete it or keep it.
- Automatically crossfade beginnings and ends.
Not sure if it’s possible with scripting or if it would need some hardcore programming though (I’m not a coder in any way, I just say it like I want it). I’ve also come to the realization that maybe Renoise isn’t the best tool for recording at all… Feel free to prove me wrong - that’s why I’m posting!