Loop Transitions Between Two Patterns

When I transition between two different patterns I often want to hear the very end of the first pattern and the very beggining of the second pattern. How can I do this? This helps me fine tune transitions.

It seems the loop options can only involve the one pattern you’re in.

You can create multi-pattern loops in the Pattern Sequencer

use this tool to place loop markers https://forum.renoise.com/t/3-1-pattern-loop-pone-non-block-pattern-and-cross-pattern-looping/42246

Yeah, that tool’s along the lines of what I’m looking for.

I don’t want to loop multiple patterns together. I just want to hear the transition between two patterns. It would be great if the pattern editor block loop tool could span two patterns instead of only working within the current pattern.

If I loop two whole patterns I have to continue istening to the entirety of both patterns when I only wanna hear a few bars at the end of the first pattern and a few beggining bars of the next pattern. Loop that.

“If I loop two whole patterns I have to continue istening to the entirety of both patterns when I only wanna hear a few bars at the end of the first pattern and a few beggining bars of the next pattern. Loop that.”

this.

The only way to do this is to create a Lua tool with its own GUI that allows mouse selection between two consecutive patterns. Technically it is possible, but it is not easy to create.

It would be a bit of an “odd” tool, as this would be expected under the Renoise hood. Mouse selection in Renoise is currently limited in the current pattern.

You could request the selection between patterns from the automation editor to create the playback loop. The automation editor is still quite limited.