macOS: Redux window resizing quirks in Logic

Hey, thanks for the update. I was hoping this would have fixed an issue I’ve been having since getting my M2 Mac and switching to Ventura, last December - where the Redux window overspills the macOS window chrome, hiding the close/minimise buttons and the grabbable chrome.

It opens up fine, but if you switch to Editor mode, the macOS window doesn’t expand with the new bigger layout, and the content overflows, hiding the close/minimise buttons and making it so you can’t grab the window any longer to reposition or close it.

There is slightly different behaviour depending on where the window is before entering Editor mode; if the window starts in the lower left, so the whole expanded window fits on-screen, there will be a sliver of chrome left to grab, but still no close/minimise buttons. If the windows starts anywhere where it will expand to off-screen pixels, the chrome ends up entirely behind the Redux content. You can also make the chrome switch between these states by pushing the Editor window around the screen.

Here is a screen recording:

This started to happen in some Logic update a while ago and I unfortunately never found out why this happens. Probably we need help from Apple here to get that fixed.

There are other new issues with Redux in Logic too:

I’ll have a look at both issues now and will address this in a new Redux bugfix once we have fixed this.

2 Likes

Thanks mate, the reply is very much appreciated.