Make Sample From Selection

Hi,

often I am in the situation where I want to cut several small parts out of a long sample/song.
It would be cool to be able to mark the desired part and then add another sample in the instrument with the selected part while keeping the focus in the long one.
The problem with the current workflow is, that whenever I find a small part I like, I have to copy and paste it into a new slot in the instrument and after that I have to go back to the long sample and search for the part I just cut the sample from to keep on searching for more nice parts.

It would be awesome to just do “mark part” -> “strg-shift-c” (or whatever) -> search on -> mark part -> etc…

Anyone with me? :D

greetings,
Marv

Just one quick workflow trick when i do such things:I use loopmarkers and set the start-marker to my cut-off point. Then i know precisely where i ended because the loopmarkers stay where they are ;)

Nice one! Thanks for the tip. This improves the workflow quite a bit. But the feature request would improve it way more nevertheless imho. :)

yeah some kind of cut & automatically paste-to-empty-sample-slot combo has been suggested here before, could definitely use that when manual cutting up stuff.

maybe the upcoming beatslicer will make this suggestion redundant though :wink:

this would be a handy feature for sure +1

yay! it’s partially implemented in the 2.0 beta! :)
The only thing, that’s missing is the option to keep the focus in the current (long) sample. Well… maybe there’ll be an option to “pin” the focus of the selected sample in the future. hope :D