Manual Opens in Internet Explorer

I have Chrome as my default browser and would rather have Renoise open that instead of Internet Explorer. Is this something I can fix on my end, or?

This is an operating system problem, not Renoise. You can force any file extension to open with a certain program. For example, if it is Windows, look for information on how to launch an HTML file (or format) always from your preferred browser.

That said, I have the feeling that Microsoft does not stop making plays with its operating system so that users always end up using their browser, instead of Chrome (or other), which is from another company. Sometimes they are very piggy with this particular subject. Research this.

Every time you consult something similar, comment on what operating system you use.

Sometimes it’s not so easy. I use an RSS reader that wants to use IE no matter what. Tried all of what I know to change file associations, etc., but no luck. Ended up replacing iexplorer.exe with another executable that opens up Chrome. : ) .

1 Like

Nope its not. You can set a default browser since Windows 7 as far as i know. Howewer on my windows 10 i’ve set Chrome as default. When i use the “start.exe” command with an Url, it opens in Chrome.
Even following command works:

rundll32.exe url.dll,FileProtocolHandler http://www.renoise.com

So Renoise do something wrong or the “old” way to open the Url.

1 Like

Maybe you’re right. It seems that Renoise saves the X browser somewhere the first time it is installed. Afterwards, it is not possible to change it. Could it be this scenario?

Even if you change the default browser in Windows, Renoise will continue to open in that X browser. It is only a suspicion here. I really don’t know what happens. It looks like a non-upgradeable registry.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.