MBC 14 voting thread! šŸ˜ŗ

voting should be mandatory for every participant

Normally, competitors are not judges, ya know like in the olympics and other competitions.
Just my two centsā€¦

Imagine someone whoā€™s never using breakbeats and loops in general and whoā€™s primarily using VSTs organising a ā€œcompetitionā€ about breakbeats and samples. :upside_down_face:
Check the rules of the first MBC and youā€™ll see that obviously Iā€™m not the right one for this, because the desired music and the way of how to compose actually is the opposite of what Iā€™m doing. You can also check the MBC history. If I would organise MBC itā€™s probably no ā€œrealā€ MBC anymore. But as I said last time when we talked about this, I could imagine to initiate another ā€œcompetitionā€ or at least to help someone organising this stuff.

Right, but who should vote when it comes to MBC14 if not the participants? The fucking troll?
Today this is a kind of community project, isnā€™t it? :wink:

1 Like

I think every year there should be a Renoise contest organized by the Renoise team giving away at least one Renoise license and of course anyone of us can help because the Renoise team is very small.

1 Like

Lol ā€¦I hear that TNT, quite realistic view! ā€¦but contestantā€™s voting opens up a can of worms imo.

Agree whole-heartedly with @Stoiximan ā€¦this, or something along these llines, would be ideal! +1

:partying_face: Iā€™ve been super busy with life. But hurray!

Looking at the discussion here, maybe MBC could use a reform. Maybe we could have two categories: one for hardcore trackers with extreme limitations, smallest filesize etc. And one for purely the best song. Different points and prizes. And all participants have to vote! And anyone wanting to make two tracks could participate in both categories. What do you guys think? :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™m totally down with any and all competitions, challenges, contests, etc. In fact, aside from the speedcomp host and @Raegae dropping one apiece, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve initiated the last 4 or 5 comps (2 MBCs, white noise challenge, sine wave challenge, found sound challenge)ā€¦ So, step it up, mofos :grin:

Anyone can start a comp/challenge/contest! This ish is far from organized or hegemonic. Iā€™d love to see some more of that going on around here, and I would in all likelihood participate

doooooo iiiiiiiitā€¦

I may want to turn over the reigns on MBC next time in any case, and I donā€™t care if itā€™s even an all VST challenge. throw down the gauntlet! See who picks it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

only if they vote for themselves, which no one has had the audacity to do. And letā€™s face it, we (the participants) are likely the only ones who care enough to vote in the first place, and some participants donā€™t even bother with that :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

L or XL, I like big shirts :grin:

ā€¦and I will not lie :peach:

Thumbs up.

Ok! Colors? Address? PM! :wink:

Itā€™s like coaches voting for ā€œcoach of the yearā€, which is quite common, at least where I come from. :slightly_smiling_face:

We need to see the t-shirt when itā€™s done :smiley: :tshirt:

If I were to organize I think votes would be hidden until deadline, participants who vote gets +3 points (to incentivise at least voting), providing your XRNS gives +2 points, mini-reviews adds 0.1 point per review, prizes would be virtual trophies you could slap on your instagram or whatever, also we could have some awards for ā€œBest mixā€, ā€œBest drumsā€ etc. to vote on.

1 Like

Ah, some side quests, good idea. :bulb:
But I wouldnā€™t give points for voting and posting the xrns, this should be mandatory. And letā€™s not fuck around with peanuts for reviews. Either reviews should be mandatory, too, or 5 extra points for reviewing every single song. You donā€™t have to write a book about the songs, just a few wordsā€¦

Check this.

@SimulatedZen
If you really like big shirts you can also have 5XL, no problem at all.

I tried something. Wait and see.

Brainstorming about Renoise contests

1 Like

Iā€™m OK with voting and posting XRNS being mandatory but it may limit some submissions thatā€™s why I think itā€™s better to incentivise instead of demand, they wonā€™t win anyway if they donā€™t vote or post it you know!?

Alright Iā€™m off with the idea of .1 per review and give whatever is decided a fixed amount of points, but I donā€™t fancy giving 20-30 reviews no matter how small they are, feels like too many and I am not enjoying writing reviews to a music style I donā€™t like or have experience with :thinking:

Letā€™s move the discussion to Sokobanā€™s thread.

Cool t-shirt :heart_eyes:

Hello! I got tagged in this thread and it arrived into my email. :person_shrugging:

Firstly, kudos on MBC 14. Iā€™ll eventually update that crummy MBC web page on trotch to link back.

Mostly, I would like to comment about reforming MBC into an official Renoise contest:

Please donā€™t.

It was created because I really, really, REALY disliked those. It evolved into a community art project. Keep it going! If itā€™s not a once-a-year inside joke, then call it something else? Not MBC?

Chanks!

3 Likes

:+1:

Ok, well then I guess that settles it, MBC is for craziness with all kind of absurd rules and us who want a normal compo need a new name.

I think you have misunderstood, MBC has no absurd rules, it has no rulesā€¦except for the bunch of rules though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

OK, so I just rolled some dice and yā€™all gotta trust me on the catnip winners:

congratulations (gronCATulations?) toā€¦
@MemoryCanyon @_kara and @Lneheb

Yā€™all get an ounce of organic catnip shipped to you (unless international shipping is prohibitive) pm me your shipping details

if you donā€™t have a cat, or donā€™t want it, let me know and Iā€™ll roll some more dice :game_die: :smiley_cat: :herb:

4 Likes

yay, catnip!

Also, apologies for not getting around to commenting on everyoneā€™s tracks. after the file with all my comments got corrupted, it wasnā€™t fun anymore to rewrite it allā€¦ so I didnā€™t, lol. and also, feeling like not everyone was going to get to vote, I decided I actually didnā€™t want the extra point. felt fair. Iā€™m really just super happy to share sound and listen to amazing music (:

and speaking of amazing music, i wanted to at least say : please donā€™t ever stop making it. you all seriously rock :drummer:

3 Likes