MBC 14 voting thread! šŸ˜ŗ

I tried something. Wait and see.

Brainstorming about Renoise contests

1 Like

Iā€™m OK with voting and posting XRNS being mandatory but it may limit some submissions thatā€™s why I think itā€™s better to incentivise instead of demand, they wonā€™t win anyway if they donā€™t vote or post it you know!?

Alright Iā€™m off with the idea of .1 per review and give whatever is decided a fixed amount of points, but I donā€™t fancy giving 20-30 reviews no matter how small they are, feels like too many and I am not enjoying writing reviews to a music style I donā€™t like or have experience with :thinking:

Letā€™s move the discussion to Sokobanā€™s thread.

Cool t-shirt :heart_eyes:

Hello! I got tagged in this thread and it arrived into my email. :person_shrugging:

Firstly, kudos on MBC 14. Iā€™ll eventually update that crummy MBC web page on trotch to link back.

Mostly, I would like to comment about reforming MBC into an official Renoise contest:

Please donā€™t.

It was created because I really, really, REALY disliked those. It evolved into a community art project. Keep it going! If itā€™s not a once-a-year inside joke, then call it something else? Not MBC?

Chanks!

3 Likes

:+1:

Ok, well then I guess that settles it, MBC is for craziness with all kind of absurd rules and us who want a normal compo need a new name.

I think you have misunderstood, MBC has no absurd rules, it has no rulesā€¦except for the bunch of rules though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

OK, so I just rolled some dice and yā€™all gotta trust me on the catnip winners:

congratulations (gronCATulations?) toā€¦
@MemoryCanyon @_kara and @Lneheb

Yā€™all get an ounce of organic catnip shipped to you (unless international shipping is prohibitive) pm me your shipping details

if you donā€™t have a cat, or donā€™t want it, let me know and Iā€™ll roll some more dice :game_die: :smiley_cat: :herb:

4 Likes

yay, catnip!

Also, apologies for not getting around to commenting on everyoneā€™s tracks. after the file with all my comments got corrupted, it wasnā€™t fun anymore to rewrite it allā€¦ so I didnā€™t, lol. and also, feeling like not everyone was going to get to vote, I decided I actually didnā€™t want the extra point. felt fair. Iā€™m really just super happy to share sound and listen to amazing music (:

and speaking of amazing music, i wanted to at least say : please donā€™t ever stop making it. you all seriously rock :drummer:

3 Likes