MicroTonic MIDI Routing not working

(grape_ape) #1

I’m trying to send the MIDI out from MicroTonic to another VST and it’s not working.

I can get Obscurium to send MIDI, and I can get MicroTonic to send MIDI in Cubase, just can’t get MicroTonic to send MIDI in Renoise.

Any help is appreciated.

(grape_ape) #2

Forgot to add, versions and OS:

Mac OS 10.12.3

Renoise 3.1

MicroTonic 3.2

(danoise) #3

I don’t have a copy of µTonic around that I can test, so can’t really confirm if the Midi routing is working or not.

Great plugin, nevertheless :slight_smile:

I remember it having multiple modes

Firsty, it lets you trigger drums directly using notes. I guess this is not what you’re referring to?

Another mode lets notes trigger the internal sequencer. And, possibly related, an auto-sync mode which synchronizes with the host playback.

(grape_ape) #4

Firsty, it lets you trigger drums directly using notes. I guess this is not what you’re referring to?

No, I’d like to be able to send the pattern information to another VST via Renoise’s “MIDI Routing” on the plugin page. I can route MIDI this way in Renoise with Obscurium, just not MicroTonic. Also, I can send MIDI out with MicroTonic in Cubase, so it’s just Renoise and MicroTonic that aren’t playing nicely.

(gentleclockdivider) #5

I can’t help , since the demo version of microtonic has expired .

Are you sure midi output is enabled in microtonic ?

When setting microtonic to chromatic mode (playing 1 part across keyrange ) , does it send out midi ?

(grape_ape) #6

I can’t help , since the demo version of microtonic has expired .

Are you sure midi output is enabled in microtonic ?

When setting microtonic to chromatic mode (playing 1 part across keyrange ) , does it send out midi ?

Yeah output is enabled. Chromatic mode doesn’t work either.

(ceejay) #7

Any update on this ?
I also unable to send midi from microtonic to other Renoise channels / instruments.
It does work in Reaper btw.