Microtuning Tool for 3.0

Hi,

attached is my first tooling attempt. The purpose is to integrate scala-tuning and timestretching capabilities.

It orchestrates :

Requirements :

• you have to download the tuning-files (see above) and extract them into the /scl - folder inside the tool-folder
  • instruments, that have one-note-per-key-mappings (otherwise rubberband would be useless)

Usage :

• right click on instrument-> Microtune …
  • choose a scala file from the scl-folder
  • click on “Tune Instrument”
  • takes a while; when it’s finished, the log window should be full of messages

Pic :

• see below

TODO/Bugs :

• instrument-index is still input manually
  • tool should work for any instrument later on (regardless of key-mappings)

Happy Tuning :panic:,

RachmanEnough

Great. Think I’ll use this tool when there’s time …

When opening Renoise I get this error:

std_logic_error: 'trying to access a nil object og type 'class RenoiseSong'. the object is not or no longer available.'  
stack traceback:  
 [C]: in function 'song'  
 main.lua:66: in main chunk  

Hey man,

thanks for the bug report ! Did you download the “new” version (4.8 kb instead of 1.5 mb) ? This error always appeared in the version before. You can click on “reload all tools” as a workaround. I cannot reproduce the error on 2 different Linux systems and 1 windows system. :wacko: But the code has definitively to be improved.

main.lua:55: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
main.lua:55: in function ‘shiftInstru’
main.lua:139: in function main.lua:138

Yeah, that happens when you try it on an empty instrument, i.e. the instrument should not have empty samples. I’ll add that to requirements.

There are API calls to check on that so you can show a popup with that requirement message…

Righty right. Will integrate it, (though I’m a fan of stack traces :D).

Really looking forward to that!