MIDI program changes from MIDI controller to ext. MIDI

I don’t know if this is by design or not, but MIDI program changes are not passed on to target MIDI devices in keyjazz (record off) mode, if the program number is changed with a MIDI controller device. You can see the program number change in the instrument menu, but the program change does not seem to be passed on to the actual MIDI device. However if you click on the program number arrows or type it in, the program change message is passed. I am using OSX 10.7 and Renoise 2.8.1, and I have tested this in both 64-bit and 32-bit versions.

I’m experiencing this exact same issue on 2.8.1 using Vista. The issue does not exist when using Renoise 2.0/2.5.1 - the problems begin when using Renoise 2.7.2 and later. Am I missing something?

I don’t know if you have set the “Program changes” toggle in the Midi preferences, but here it works, both with edit mode on and off.
If i uncheck it, then nothing happens indeed.

Or are you aiming for program changes send to external midi devices?

Thank you for the reply. I am trying to change patches on an external hardware synth with an Akai MPK49 going into Renoise. All of the MIDI settings are properly adjusted, and Renoise seems to register the program change from the MPK by changing the number in the MIDI instrument section. The problem is that the information does not go through to the synth. Only when I manually change the program number with my mouse in Renoise directly will the information go through to the synth, even though the MPK can adjust/change the program number. Again, it just does not go through. I have tried several controller/hardware synth configurations with no luck.

I do not get this behavior with Renoise 2.0/2.5.1

I remember this issue has been posted before, but i can’t track the topic. (I was hoping to find a dev answer in that topic.)
I recall the title had something like “midi thru” not working correctly and it took quite a few posts to figure out the same situation was meanted.
I could find several topics somehow relating but not exactly the same. Perhaps any of the devs can respond to this topic as well.

I just did a quick search and couldn’t find anything myself. I don’t see a MIDI thru option anywhere either. Hmmmm…

I have also fought with this same problem.
I first assumed that it’s problem with my synthesizer (M-Audio Venom) but nice to notice that there are others facing the same issue, so I am not alone.

Have anyone found any solution for this?

I hate to necrobump but I’m still having this issue, others are having this issue and it worked in versions of Renoise 2.5.1/earlier.

I’ve read several threads and I cannot come to any sort of conclusion. Help?