`midierror meets.....' podcast

Hi Renoisers,

I’ve recently started recording interviews with all sorts of music industry folk, hoping to span a broad range of subjects and people working within the musical world. Please give me shout if you know anyone I can speak to.

First up is bass godess Cheryl Pinero:

Each episode is out at the beginning of the month.

I’ll keep posting back here - soon to be available on stitcher / itunes and more!

Regards,

midierror

2 Likes

Episode 2, talking to Kenny Young, award winning composer, sound designer and audio designer for some hugely successful games!

www.audbod.com/

twitter.com/kcmyoung

Show notes:

Little Big Planet Series littlebigplanet.playstation.com/

Tearaway tearaway.mediamolecule.com/

Teathered tetheredgame.com/

Squarepusher VR video www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Olt-ZtV_CE

Audio Mentoring audiomentoring.com/

Main theme music by Jason Hotchkiss.

Incidental music by midierror

1 Like

Good stuff midierror, keep it up! Haven’t got the chance to listen to all of it yet, but will definitely do :slight_smile:

thanks! next one is with an actual producer, signed to ninja tunes

Episode 3 is online! Talking to Neotropicabout recording foley sounds, the early days of sampling and touring with ninjatune.

https://soundcloud.com/midierrormeets/neotropic

this is so awesome :slight_smile:

this is so awesome :slight_smile:

thank you

Here’s episode 5, talking to Mylar Melodies!

dont ask me about 4

midierror

Episode 4 - talking to Peter Golding about his career in musical theatre. Peter went to Lodon’s Guildhall and was trained by Leonard Bernstein. He went on to work on the original production of Andrew Lloyd Webbers Phantom of the Opera, as well as working with Ron Moody for some time.He talks about encounters with Princess Diana, Michelle Dotrice, Freddy Mercury and Steven Gately.

im subscribed to this thread now !!

i really like this types of podcast to listen in my free time …

im following the ones that producer Matt Lange is doing called Tap Tempo

Indeed, some interesting stuff here!

Episode 6 speaking to Steve Grimley-Taylor of Thonk, Brighton Modular Meet, Hand on The Plough Records and more!

Thonk: www.thonk.co.uk/
Brighton Modular Meet: brightonmodularmeet.co.uk/

Show Notes:
Spymania: www.spymania.com/
Supercollider: supercollider.github.io/
Steves release on Planet Mu: planet.mu/releases/various-artists-mealtime/
Mario Paint Album: www.discogs.com/Various-The-Elect…nt/release/162251
The Turing Machine: www.thonk.co.uk/shop/turingmkii/
Look Mum No Computer: www.youtube.com/channel/UCafxR2HWJRmMfSdyZXvZMTw
EBCIDIC: @ebcidic
DX7 Programming Tape: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcGfASGwskM
Infinite Drum Machine: experiments.withgoogle.com/ai/drum-machine

Episode 7, with Mr Tim Exile - a musician, producer, performer and software developer based in London. Tim uses his own software to perform live improvised music, as well as releasing cutting edge synths and audio effects instruments.

Do I need to tell you who Tim Exile is?!?!?

Do I need to tell you who Tim Exile is?!?!?

I’m sad he feels he never made it as a D&B artist. That’s how I know him. Feels a bit like Amon Tobin’s story where I’m like “Dude,Bricolage!!!” and then I look him up and he’s in Doubleclick writing the themes for Orphan Black and Splinter Cell which he’s way more successful for and I have no idea what’s going on. I guess it’s sad for me and not the artist.

PS: Do Amon Tobin next. :slight_smile:

Yeah he was pretty candid, I was surprised to hear how pushy he says he is!

The bad diet track is also a killer

Midi Error if you make a podcast with Amon Tobin as Conner_BW sugested that would be the best thing ever :slight_smile:

Yeah…okay maybe series 8?

Episode 8 of the podcast is now live, speaking to Hannah Dunster of Soundcastle, a company which works within the community to build confidence, friendships and bonds using music.

I wholeheartedly recommend getting involved in community music wherever you are!

midierror

Next up, its Ade Fenton - who’s produced the last 4 albums with Gary Numan, as well as being a renowned Techno DJ and Producer.

Episode 10 with Phil Nelson who’s managed The Levellers, The Long Pigs, Aqualung, Duke Spirit Sweet Billy Pilgrim and more. He co-founded Brighton’s Great Escape festival which hosts over 500 bands across more than 30 venues in the city, and has worked extensively on projects to create a sustainable eco system of music within a city.

Next up is Scott Diaz, who is a really nice bloke! has produced tonne of records over the years and has been on the end of the superficial side of the industry too.