`midierror meets.....' podcast

Episode 12, speaking to Jon Astley who’s produced, mastered and remastered artists like The Who, Abba, George Harrison, Catatonia, Ash, The Rolling Stones and many more. His production was so good he had a solo career in the mid 90s. Jon now offers a fantastic mastering at incredible rates for unsigned bands and artists.

Very interesting Conversation :walkman:

Also a podcast with Pioneer Trevor Horn would be nice

Next episode speaking to Songwriter, Producer and all round top-bloke Jonny Amos. Discussing songwriting workshops, perfect pop and the EDM legacy left by Avicii.

Thanks for listening!

midierror

idea:

Next episode speaking to Programmer, Producer and all round top-blogger Eduard Müller aka “TakTik”. Discussing coding & debugging, perfect EDM Tracking & legacy left by Renoise?

Well as the things have cleared up today. This interview idea (which most likely wont happen) would stream directly onto my golden hdd and be listened to over and over again to learn from.

I’d be up for it !

Heres episode 14 speaking to Dom Morley, a Grammy award winning Producer, Mix Engineer and Sound Engineer who’s worked with Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson, Sting and a whole host of other names. We speak about his career progression and serendipitous moments from making tea for free to working in Metropolis in London sitting with Michael Jackson.

Enjoy!

midierror

1 Like

Episdoe 15 speaking to Hannah Kemp-Welch, a sound artist living in London.

Enjoy!

midierror

1 Like

Episode 16 speaking to Rory Phillips superstar DJ, producer and prolific remixer. Rory was a big part in the Trash club night in London, and has worked on remixes for the xx, taylor swift, the gossip, crystal castles, franz ferdinand, the white lies, the scissor sisters and little boots.

Enjoy!

midierror

2 Likes

Why not some youtube videos interviewing these artists?

1 Like

I can’t wait to dig into these. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

All the interviews are on youtube. I’m too self conscious to have a camera pointed at me, particularly for the duration of an interview. Look at my yt videos… I like being incognito

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks for your kind words!

1 Like

A new EP is up, speaking to guitarist and singer Oliver Cherer

Next episode, speaking to Andy Collins of Antech Systems - who repairs gear for some of the biggest names in the business, including the Chemical Brothers, Gary Numan and Metronomy!

3 Likes

This month we hear from Bunty Looping a supremely talented singer using loop pedals to create vibrant tribal landscapes. We talk about her approach to live looping, how she cultivates a diverse music venue and the possibilities of VR for music #muteit

Enjoy, it’s a great chat!

midierror

2 Likes

After a summer sabbatical, we hear from Si Connelly, a supremely talented singer/songwriter who’s been signed to some huge labels, toured extensivly and recently raised money for charity walking coast to coast across England.

2 Likes

Episode 21, speaking to Emily Dolan Davies, drummer to Bryan Ferry, The Darkness, Kim Wilde, Tricky, Howard Jones and loads more! We discuss her early days growing up as a female drummer, her close friendship with fellow drummer Cherisse Osei and how staying positive and folowing her dream has helped put her in a happy place.

2 Likes

Episode 22, speaking to Pendle Poucher who creates strange and beautiful sounds through his fantastic collection of ingenious Kontakt instruments.

4 Likes

Hello
Not a new episode announcment, but a chance to support the podcast and make it sound better…or…good! https://www.gofundme.com/f/midierrormeets

I’m very pleased to say I have some VERY exciting guests coming up I would never have imagined speaking to, so after 3 years of self funding, now is the time to ask for some support.

Please share this if you want to support this even more.

Much love!

midierror

3 Likes