Minor request: Indicate active meta connection with (extra?) symbol

Hello guys,

something is a bit annoying in Renoise:

Let’s say if you/we/I automate a device in a send track from a normal track using some meta device like the meta mixer, the controlled parameter of the automated device does not indicate in any way that it is controlled from another point in the (maybe complex) device setup.

Can you add the automation symbol next to the parameter if the parameter is controlled by a meta device? Or use an extra symbol “META” or “[M]” or something, instead “[/]”. If the meta device gets disabled, the symbol then should disappear (two symbol types would also clarifying the priority automation vs. meta controlled). Mouse over the symbol could show the source device info and an option to jump directly there. Talking about jumping, the meta device also could provide an symbol “[->]” to jump to the target device on right click on a parameter.

I think that would help a lot.

What do you think about it?

the controlled parameter of the automated device does not indicate in any way that it is controlled from another point in the (maybe complex) device setup.

Correct, there is no indication of metadevice routings on the parameter level.

The closest thing we have right now is a visualization of the routing in the mixer - if you select a device that is somehow controlled via meta-devices, that (controlling) device will highlight too, using a dotted outline.

But I agree, I also tend to (ab)use meta devices a lot, andit would be nice to have this on the parameter level.

But I agree, I also tend to (ab)use meta devices a lot, andit would be nice to have this on the parameter level.

Nice. Hope you guys will consider doing something here. Yes, the connection is shown in mixer view, but sometimes you are even not able to see the source track, etc. An indicator directly on the parameter would be the most easy understandable solution, in my opinion.