Mod Edited My Bug Report Thread Title

Dude,
The issue is resolved.

this thread is hilarious :D
take a chill pill brother… taktik (as we’ve mentioned, the creator of the software you’re moaning about) is just trying to help out.
i wouldn’t expect any help in the future.

infact i’m actually hoping this is a complete joke :D

Some clarifications:
Wasn’t moaning about the software, just the smartarsey editing of my bug report thread title. if I’m to believe it wasn’t a smartarse edit than it was certainly a negligent edit for a dev to make imvho.

taktik didn’t actually help me in any way, so if he didn’t help me in the future that would [a] be no different than the current experience and [b] be a sad reflection on him as a developer that he would ignore bugs/stability issues because he doesn’t like the person making the report

The issue is actually resolved, thanks to [a] a thread I re-created with my intended subject [b] a fellow user offering the correct solution after seeing my thread

happy face.

i guess so. well i’m glad it’s clarified, i just think it was a bit full on of you.
you misunderstood taktik because you thought he was implying you were too dumb to realise the arrow key was stuck or fudged or something. but he didn’t meant that at all.

he’s the one that’s making your software so he changed it so he understood it for himself. maybe there was a better way to edit the title, who knows. maybe it’s cause english isn’t his first language or something. who knows. it’s all miscommunication. no need to get harpy about it.

clearly there was nothing wrong in the end though, only a misunderstanding.

rock out.
:drummer:

Good time to lock it up.
Discussion over.

Just wondering… Was your arrow key stuck then?

Puzzled Face

Not sure why this thread has been unlocked again, but here you go: Track Focus Moving Automatically...

adding to what has already been said (renaming/moving topics happens all the time), taktik has already used the “stuck key” form multiple times in the past and, being a developer myself, I can ensure that he only meant that the keyboard event handler in Renoise was stuck. Of course, he could not rename your topic to “Stuck keyboard event handler for arrow key”, so he simply renamed it to “Stuck arrow key”.
more clearly, he didn’t mean “the moron didn’t see that he has a stuck key on his keyboard, don’t read this”: he just meant “note to self: check Renoise keyboard event handlers to search for possible causes of loops”. When a problem is solved or a cause is found, or the problem is “magically disappeared”, we usually add a tag like “[solved]”, “[fixed]” or “[disappeared]” to the topic title, and this happens in several other forums too (it is a common practice to do so, we didn’t invent it)

Actually, I had the same exact issue during beta stage of Renoise 2.5 with the TAB key, and I called it a “stuck key issue” myself, of course meaning that the keyboard event handler was stuck.

Maybe it’s just because we are developers and maybe you aren’t, but I think you are over-reacting. All taktik has done is in order to help him finding the cause of your issue. He usually finds the cause when the problem is caused by Renoise, so I think we can live with him (and other moderators, me included) renaming the topics for developers’ future reference.

lastly, let me add that buying a Renoise license does not entitle you for any special support treatment, as we treat unregistered users exactly as we treat registered ones, neither it gives the ability to call developers names.
We would like to encourage people to buy the program because they like it, not because they would get more respect by us thanks to the money or turn the support team into your personal bitch.

Fascinating.

And I just pressed the green PLUS button on your post. If I could press it again I surely would. Wanna make out some time ? Call me.

Very aptly put.

+1

if you want to make out I’m the husband - and that is non-negotiable.

Can I be your dad wearing a g-string made out of red velvet in this fantasy? The crotch is the face of a moustached pirate with a stick on googly eye.

only if you press the green PLUS button on one of my posts. My dainty little cyber ego needs a little inflating via the cyber fumes of unrepentant fawning. Do this for me Conner and you can have my sloppy seconds.

All pluses, except the first two four posts. Enjoy.

I don’t mean to interfere but what the fuck man, seriously, chill out… Taktik and other admins/mods here are very proficient at this job, just trust in what they do.

Conner you’ve got your self a date.

Noby, please die roaring in a fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iF7qOhPT_U

Nope - Just doing my best to provide a show for the dribbling moron who unlocked the thread.

you know, this thread is proof that the new rating system works,

had we been using the old system we would have jumped all over the minus button and he would have been like minus 50 or something,

however, we have been able to make light of it and give him pluses! :)

its actually quite amusing now…to be honest i thought the die roaring in a fire comment was actually funny!! :lol:

lovefest=+1