More GUI Textures (Please)

This is awesome

1 Like

OK, I try to make it short:

1. Find the texture folder (for example: “C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.2.0\Resources\Skin\Textures”)
  2. Duplicate one of the subfolders (for example: “Default”) and give a super-hyper-mega-cool name
  3. Change only 3 pictures (BodyTexture.bmp, InnerBodyTexture.bmp, PanelBlending.bmp)

Now there are a bunch of issues to consider at…

1. If you have problems with Windows rights on the new subfolder you just created, there are tutorials the web and videos on YouTube but it is a bit painful to do
  2. BodyTexture and InnerBodyTexture can be identical, it is for the background of the small panels, they are always repeated on both X and Y axis
  3. PanelBlending is the Renoise main window background, and is repeated on X axis but stretched on Y axis, it also makes strange things on menus, on mixer, on all other Renoise windows

Now have fun! I feel a bit alone here. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

renoise just crashes when trying to load the one I tested with,

@PirkoAaro

Do you have an error message? Are you on Windows / Linux / Apple? Which version of Renoise do you use? My textures only work with Renoise 3.x and you must have maximum rights on the Texture folder…

If you want to create your own textures, several things to check…

1°) Create your folders by copying existing ones

2°) Replace only the 3 bitmaps (BodyTexture.bmp, InnerBodyTexture.bmp, PanelBlending.bmp) and with exactly the same names and extensions

I hope Renoise 3.3 will drastically improve the texture management.
But I’m afraid I’m dreaming. :yum: :innocent:

Nah it just closes down instantly, it was sort of exactly what I did, I went into gimp and just copy pasted an painted owl to use as a texture. Maybe gimp adjusted the file in some way when it got exported!

Possible that GIMP doesn’t use the same BMP formatting like MSPaint do.
Because yes, I use MSPaint to copy/paste my textures. :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

ahh forgot to mention also that I am on windows 10!

good to know that paint works fine for this job! :smiley: gonna try to make a new one, I have already messed up the song I was working on so best to sit and be bit visual for now momentary!

1 Like

bump :facepunch:

anyone know where to find the textures file path on mac?

been searching to no avail…

would be great to make some custom skinzz

LOVE

After a small break of 3 years, here is a new texture for Renoise. Enjoy!

5 Likes

BANANA

For those who like yellow.

4 Likes

Cool! How about sculls and bones?)))

All is possible. The most difficult is to find the graphical resources. But you gave me an idea. Thanks!

2 Likes

LEOPARD

I don’t forget the skulls & bones request. But I had this project of animal texture.

5 Likes

SKULLY

This one is for @Jalex because he asked for skulls & bones.
And because I’m generous, I also added some roses.
I modified one of the default red themes to add a bloody mood.

The images used are free, but the authors deserve some credits:

human-bones-skeleton-pattern
Designed by macrovector_official / Freepik

vintage-day-dead-seamless-pattern
Designed by dgim-studio / Freepik

4 Likes

Damn!!! That’s so good!!! Sweet!

thank you.

Lol after your last skins I remembered doom 2 texture

HiResTex640

@sokoban what are your preferred sizes for the different textures? Yours always seem to scale well

It’s hard to answer. The sizes I use to make my screenshots only fit Renoise when it is reduced to its minimal size. If I resize Renoise, the results will be ugly. The main issue is with the textures used for background. They repeat on X axis but stretch on Y axis. It’s impossible to have a good size in all situations. Let’s say you have to choose a picture with a height more or less equivalent to your Renoise height. For the panels, textures repeat on both X & Y axis, so for those ones, I just choose a smaller texture, something like 256x256 maximum.

Idea for texture

1 Like