More instrument macros please!

I like to pack drum machines in to my instruments and often need more than eight automatable paramaters.

3 Likes

yeah, some kind of [+] toggle that keeps on adding a row of 8 knobs when you press it.

1 Like

yeah, some kind of [+] toggle that keeps on adding a row of 8 knobs when you press it.

Oh Yeah!

1 Like

Absolutelly must… It is what i miss in R3 the most…
I would be able to emulate a lot of synths in renoise if more macros is possible (16 at least). For example prophet 8…

(and key and velocity tracker device should be also possible to target just attack, decay etc because for now it influences its level and it is not wanted in every situation (there is workaround, macro attack, create macro device and assign velocity tracker to its macros… but it takes one macro space :-(().

1 Like

(and key and velocity tracker device should be also possible to target just attack, decay etc because for now it influences its level and it is not wanted in every situation (there is workaround, macro attack, create macro device and assign velocity tracker to its macros… but it takes one macro space :-(().

So, you are basically suggesting that the modulation devices that are categorized as “meta devices” in the DSP effect-device section get some sort of rudimentary routing capabilities? This exact thing is/was being discussed here: https://forum.renoise.com/t/modulating-modulation/39900

This is a good idea!

Please, @taktik, could you deeply study the possibility of adding more macros for each instrument?
8 macros is a fairly limited number for wide control.
I suggest adding at least 16 macros per instrument, if you want to avoid being an unlimited number. At least put eight more.

I also suggest 3 more improvements:

1. That each macro is numbered (bottom right, for example). From 1 to 16.
  2. That each macro can be renamed even if it is not mapped, please. This would allow us to use macros directly with window tools to make more toys. Not having this ability, there is no choice but to use a doofer with instr. macros anchored to him.
  3. That by minimizing the Meta Instr. Macro, the index of the instrument appears, and it can be changed:

The Meta Instr. Macros would also have to be 16 macros, obviously.

Another more laborious thing would be the possibility of being able to map the macros with the controls of a tool window, in addition to the modulation and the fx chains. Obviously this influences the API and would be an aggregate. The tool is not saved in the song, but could be run manually after loading the song to play with it.

This thread is from 2014, 5 years ago and this has not been addressed. Would there be the possibility of doing it now?

2 Likes

Please @taktik? May we have both the ability to add separate modulation knobs and sliders and/or another row? The modulation of everything is so much fun!

1 Like

+1 infinite

1 Like