MuTaNT•BReaKS••••#14 🙀

hi, could you please change my song to the first one i posted (felix theme) because it had more listens and likes?

Here is the final version of my entry. I got distracted these last few weeks so I had to quickly work to finish it today.

and here is the file, if anyone is interested:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19z261ljJxTIVTvfzoxIZRCo06H9Mfcsz/view?usp=share_link

6 Likes

last day, today!!!

get your submissions in by midnight tonight, whatever your time zone :heart_eyes_cat:

First time posting anything on this forum, hope you enjoy!
Renoise Mutant Breaks 14.xrns (1.3 MB)

2 Likes

I like!
Do you have a SoundCloud to put your audio track on it too?

Time’s up, case closed, no more songs to come, let’s start the vote. :clap:

You’ve created a nice mood here, even if your cat isn’t recognizable as a cat. Unfortunately your mix is completely off. You didn’t check through speakers, did you? You can increase the volume of the organ by at least 12 dB and decrease the volume of the drums (except kick) and percussions by around 20 dB easily. If you do that you’d push the atmosphere and the song will become at least twice as good. You should also learn how to use eq, compressors and maximizer the right way. Check the mixing thread, that’s a good start to improve your mixing skills.

Yes, you missed to fix some mixing issues. But most importantly the song is complete now. I like the second half, nice melodies. It would have been even nicer if you pushed the background stuff, instruments like the “saw sigh” and the main melodies a little more. 220 BPM and 24/25 LPB is an interesting setup. You should get some etxra points for composing under these conditions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course it has more plays and likes, you posted this two weeks earlier than your second song.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was on the list to do but time ran short. So I went for “a finished track with some issues is better than an well balanced but incomplete track”. Still, I much appreciate the feedback you and the others provided. While it didn’t get applied to this track, I do always keep the things you point out in mind when working on the next track.

:sweat_smile: Thank you. I realize that is probably seems a bit odd. But I really like being able to adjust the LPB to impart an overall groove. And applying small offsets to note starts without having to resort to the delay column, just works better for me.

When I see Renoise videos of people using 4LPB I’m always amazed, from what I’m used to it seems like it’s moving in slow motion. :rofl:

@slujr Your entry has some permission disabled on it and cannot be added to the playlist.

I’ll make it public. Thanks, I was wondering about that

should be good now :+1:

OK, here’s the playlist on the official Renoise Soundcloud account:

9 Likes

be he n - MEOW should not be here. It’s my unfinished track

Awesome, thanks Achenar.

I’ll start a separate voting thread in the next couple days

great work, everyone!!! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Ah I didn’t realise I’d need to do that, I can do it after work today but it looks like Achenar already made the playlist

Sorted.

You can still do it and I’ll add it to the playlist.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

yes, that’s right, both sh*t :d

yay! been waiting for the playlist so I can just jam out and really get a feel for these tracks. so much good stuff ^v^

BTW, I used Audacity to bring my final render’s sample rate down to 48000 hz. Not sure if that invalidates the whole ‘all done in renoise’ thing or not, but worth mentioning just in case it does. :wink:

_

thx! btw your track is lovely. really has a weird, almost spacey vibe. Like something strange definitely went down with a ufo’s photocopier that a cat got into when no one was looking. that beat is really interesting, too. sounds like a happy incident, lol

idk if you are just trying to be nice, or if you are trying to insult mr. funk, but I actually really appreciate that, thank you<3

also, you’re blasting out windows and stuff. sounds massive, great job. me and my subwoofer both really enjoy your track, shit’s an elephant with a cat on it’s back!

haha, its soo messy, was rushed. Its actually pretty scarce on phrases, imo. Most instruments only have one phrase, would’ve been nice to have had time to do actual phrase work and switch around between them. I didnt really do any work on panning, either, just some stereo/width stuff, never even checked it on headphones because I dont have any. (I did however, manage to keep myself from using any automations, tho - i like to challenge myself that way because i get too used to using them)

anyways, like I said, its trashy. (but was super fun to make, dont get me wrong ^v^). Your entry is much better imo. much clearer. and like others said, it’s got that sorta flavor aphex twin can have. it’s spicy and sweet, I love it.
_

now… it’s time to go assault the neighborhood with cat music. gonna be crazy hard to vote, love all of these tracks! <3<3<3

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is insane, loving all the different textures you’ve got in here too

1 Like