MuTaNT•BReaKS••••#14 🙀

That’s another great one @SimulatedZen ! I love your sound design and sonic world building. I’m (once again) impressed that you’ve managed to squeeze this out of Renoise. I like how you manage to combine those wonderful, abstract glitch sounds with shards of warm, human melodies. Your music isn’t something I listen to but rather it’s a place I visit. A strange and alien place but also very beautiful. I’ll take your word for it that there are cats in there but they’ve got sonically mangled to a point where I don’t recognize them anymore and that’s absolutely fine, of course. Anyways, wonderful stuff!!

1 Like

crap
Снимок экрана 2023-01-31 в 21.27.27

2 Likes

Damn, voting will be difficult… Too many good productions in this thread, There are 3 votes, right?

Well, it’s a cat sample. :grin:
Or what exactly do you mean?`The acid part including note slides? I just have programmed the step sequencer of Phoscyon to sound like that after adjusting the acid sound I was looking for. :wink:

Indeed, almost 1 GB of sounds. I’m used to files up to 3 MB. :slightly_smiling_face:
Awesome tune. It’s like going on a little journey. There are plenty of different stages to walk through. And the production is nicely done, too. I especially like the beginning (arps!) and the soft part around 3;00. Very good varied composition! And I claim to have recognized the cat sounds, but I’m unsure. :wink:

2 Likes

hi, could you please change my song to the first one i posted (felix theme) because it had more listens and likes?

Here is the final version of my entry. I got distracted these last few weeks so I had to quickly work to finish it today.

and here is the file, if anyone is interested:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19z261ljJxTIVTvfzoxIZRCo06H9Mfcsz/view?usp=share_link

6 Likes

last day, today!!!

get your submissions in by midnight tonight, whatever your time zone :heart_eyes_cat:

First time posting anything on this forum, hope you enjoy!
Renoise Mutant Breaks 14.xrns (1.3 MB)

2 Likes

I like!
Do you have a SoundCloud to put your audio track on it too?

Time’s up, case closed, no more songs to come, let’s start the vote. :clap:

You’ve created a nice mood here, even if your cat isn’t recognizable as a cat. Unfortunately your mix is completely off. You didn’t check through speakers, did you? You can increase the volume of the organ by at least 12 dB and decrease the volume of the drums (except kick) and percussions by around 20 dB easily. If you do that you’d push the atmosphere and the song will become at least twice as good. You should also learn how to use eq, compressors and maximizer the right way. Check the mixing thread, that’s a good start to improve your mixing skills.

Yes, you missed to fix some mixing issues. But most importantly the song is complete now. I like the second half, nice melodies. It would have been even nicer if you pushed the background stuff, instruments like the “saw sigh” and the main melodies a little more. 220 BPM and 24/25 LPB is an interesting setup. You should get some etxra points for composing under these conditions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course it has more plays and likes, you posted this two weeks earlier than your second song.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was on the list to do but time ran short. So I went for “a finished track with some issues is better than an well balanced but incomplete track”. Still, I much appreciate the feedback you and the others provided. While it didn’t get applied to this track, I do always keep the things you point out in mind when working on the next track.

:sweat_smile: Thank you. I realize that is probably seems a bit odd. But I really like being able to adjust the LPB to impart an overall groove. And applying small offsets to note starts without having to resort to the delay column, just works better for me.

When I see Renoise videos of people using 4LPB I’m always amazed, from what I’m used to it seems like it’s moving in slow motion. :rofl:

@slujr Your entry has some permission disabled on it and cannot be added to the playlist.

I’ll make it public. Thanks, I was wondering about that

should be good now :+1:

OK, here’s the playlist on the official Renoise Soundcloud account:

9 Likes

be he n - MEOW should not be here. It’s my unfinished track

Awesome, thanks Achenar.

I’ll start a separate voting thread in the next couple days

great work, everyone!!! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Ah I didn’t realise I’d need to do that, I can do it after work today but it looks like Achenar already made the playlist

Sorted.

You can still do it and I’ll add it to the playlist.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

yes, that’s right, both sh*t :d