MuTaNT•BReaKS••••#14 🙀

Let the good times purr

12 Likes

Oh i like that!!!

OK, here’s this ridiculous thing :joy_cat:

All sounds except human voice synthesized from cat sounds in renoise, all native renoise devices, no plugins harmed in the making of this nonsense, lol
••••
lyrics:

when you meet a sweet young kitten and you find yourself quite smitten, it’s like…

when you meet a lovely kitty and you find her oh so pretty, it’s like…

and when you meet a slinky cat and her tail is nice and fat, it’s like…

it’s the power of the puss, of the puss, of the puss, yes it’s the power of the pussy, of the puss

when you meet a wild cougar and she violently runs through you, it’s like… IT’S LIKE…

and when you find the holy tiger and you wind up dead inside her, it’s like…

it’s the power of the puss, of the puss, of the puss, yes it’s the power of the pussy, of the puss…
••••

sorry for the low quality, had to upload as mp3. my internet sucks. will link the song file soon

16 Likes

Man thats hilarious :smiley:Send it to the eurovision contest they love such tracks over there

4 Likes

That beat is ultra cool!

1 Like

Tracks is great a it is imo. I find the 1-2 kHz range a bit too forward. Are you happy with the T7Vs?

1 Like

You are forgiven. :wink:
At the end of the song, is this supposed to be a cat?

Mhm! This is my favorite so far. Very good production, nice Acid usage, cool composition, really nice drum work and the melodies are ace. Well done, my friend. Garfonic at its best. There could have been more cat stuff, but there’s clearly a cat to be heard. The “Darth Cat” to be exact. Straight outta death star.

I’ve never uploaded anything else than MP3, neither on Soundcloud nor on Youtube. The sound quality is good, just like your unusual song. It has got the power of the puss, you know?! That outshines everything.

Don’t be offensive! :wink:
I think @slujr is a more serious musician than the clowns performing their crap at the political fake music contest called “Eurovision Song Contest”. He deserves more than that.

2 Likes

Ha! Thanks, fellas. Not sure if Eurovision is open to me? Am non euro :upside_down_face:

That sounds like something Ween made. :smiley:

shouldn’t we post a message on the Renoise Discord server about MBC#14?
previous MBC#13 and MBCR#13.1 have been announced last year in “competition” room
don’t know if it can add more contribs, don’t know if it’s a good idea or not

Yeah, post it up! I’m not really on discord…
Better late than never

check!

1 Like

hahah OMG this is fantastic. No only should this win MB14 I nominate this to win 2023 in general. Petitioning for this to replace the U.S. National Anthem as well as the Windows Startup Sound. Made me grin ear to ear.

2 Likes

:joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat:

I want to live in that alternate universe

1 Like

It’s the sample of a cat that I’ve time-stretched with Renoise to fit my track. Note that some of the other sounds are made with MeowSynth.

Ok, I’ve finally finished something. Didn’t have much time this winter. Sampled some cat videos from Youtube and used the sounds in a few different ways. No plugins used.

Get the Renoise project here:
loudest meow.xrns (3.5 MB)

Looking forward to finally hearing some of the other submissions!

7 Likes

This competition is just too much fun to skip it. Here’s my entry for this year

Took two public domain samples from freesounds.org:

Song doesn’t use VSTIs, but I sampled two instruments from an VSTI.

The song furthermore uses:

Artwork done by Stable Diffusion AI 2.1, query “major cat bromance neon”

5 Likes

All right, time to release the cat. I leave it like that:

All instruments except drums, bass and a pad made from scratch.
I want bonus points of hearts for creating that stuff. :wink:

VSTi
-Serum
-SIDizer
-Omnisphere
-Phoscyon
-S3

VST
-Valhalla Supermassive
-GMonoBass
-GClip
-Softube Transient Shaper
-MetalMickey
-Weiss MM1 Maximizer
-Gulfoss

Here’s the xrns: Easyupload.io - Upload files for free and transfer big files easily.
The link will destroy itself in two weeks.

11 Likes

interesting composition right here!

1 Like

What a mad cat!!!Loved the phone call it was funny as …Great job making the cat sample a major element of the track and an instrument itself.

1 Like