Mutant Breaks Competition #15: Mix it up and make some friends!

@corb and @alien7 MISTER GARBANZO and HeartBeatHero present Jungle Synthwave

WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free ← renoise file and mp3 available for a week from now.

8 Likes

All the submissions have been so good, do any of the teams intend to work together again at any point? Jungle Synthwave just edges out the rest for me as my personal favourite.

2 Likes

Thank you! I loved collabing with @corb and definatly hope to do another one next year. Hope he reads this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would definitely collab more with anyone really. I would just have to set aside some time to chat on Discord and on forums to actually make connections with people.

Really varied tracks from everyone, good job. Thanks to @eretsua for organizing this. It was great to work together with someone as an introduction, I will definitely join in the future if someone organizes more competitions.

1 Like

@alien7 @corb Wow, that’s intense. Some serious hard hitting vibes you two got there. It feels like that album picture of a jellyfish in a jungle. Very interesting and cool. I like all the little musical details/surprises that happen through out. Powerful stuff!!

1 Like

@Raegae and @Skolskoly in about 4 hours you’ll be officially late. Not a biggie as you are the last team. But it’d be good if you’d post your track. Not in the least because I’m mighty curious to hear what you have made. :smiley:

Yeah, mark us down as late. We’ve got some interesting ideas, but not really finished. Maybe Reggae and I will post our stuff in the next few days, but I think you can go ahead with choosing a winner from the other teams. Very cool stuff everyone!

1 Like

Very pleasing challenge, all entries are nice and creatives!

I’m not sure it’s necessary to choose a winner, there is no prize anyway, so I guess every entry is winner!
:1st_place_medal: :trophy: :beers:

5 Likes

Indeed, indeed. I am genuinely impressed by all entries and proud of you all. Maybe I’m wrong about this, but as far as I can tell this is music none of us would have made on our own. It seems like we pushed each other in a good way. So I’m happy about that!

I’m definitely up for another collaboration! With anyone, really. I like how it forces me to let go of some of my ingrained patterns. Or at least use them in a different context.

2 Likes

Not that i mind trying to stay 100% native in Renoise as a fun addition to what I do with Renoise, i sometimes pretend its a hardware groovebox for my own amusement, but not knowing what plugins people have does force a bit more “ITB” creativity so as to not break compatibility back and forth. Id be down to make something together whenever mate :+1:

2 Likes

Let’s! I’ll PM you.

I am also open for collaboration from anyone. feel free to PM or message me from the discord

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding a little wrong but you’re next on my list. :joy:

1 Like

In general, I’m down to collab. Got a couple projects lined up rn that need to take precedence, but if anyone wants to work a track together hmu

1 Like

Will there be a voting thread?
If so, will non contributors be allowed to vote?

2 Likes

Sure! I’m curious how people think about these tracks. Besides they deserve to be heard so I’m opening the votes to non-contributors. I’ll set one up in a moment.

2 Likes

We now have an official voting thread:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/mutant-breaks-15-voting-thread-everyone-can-vote/70710/1

Voting closes one week from now on Wednesday October 11th at 23:59 HTS (Hawaii Standard Time).

2 Likes

Our AI generated selves will post on an AI generated forums about AI generated AI trackers generating AI songs about AI
AI AI AI

:mage::sunglasses:

Probably not far from the truth to be honest, what’s currently happening in the graphics industry will clearly happen to music and other industries over time…

Learn to prompt!

If we gotta be ahead of the curve, maybe we need to learn to neurolink. We will just wish and AI will prompt for us.