Competition was stiff this year, so many great tracks! :yeah:

I landed on these as my top 3:

daed - Division Nightmare

sunnk - mbc-xiii

SimulatedXen - Clockdrifter

3 Likes

ergh, hard to choose! think I will go with:

@daed, @TwoThreeZero , & @Woodpecking_Mantis

@SimulatedZen’s track is totally awesome & already has a million votes, so I’ll go with the above, otherwise, you would get my vote, too, simulated xen!

seriously, every track deserves an honorable mention. tons of good music coming out of this thread…

Thanks again to everyone for throwing down! Looking forward to MBC 14 already!

BTW, is anyone interested in doing some speedcomps? maybe once a month, half hour time limit, posted in video form? Was thinking this would be fun & a good exercise for increasing efficiency… lmk if you’re interested!

4 Likes

I’m…honestly really down for this. My creative output has been a bit stale lately and that will likely serve as some motivation <3

Kinda reminds me of the Iron Chef of Music thing @protman hosts.

3 Likes

Ok, here’s my top 3:

The Comfortably Awkward - Freestyle Ramen - Love the complex beats, the vocal samples, the dreamy pads. Unpredictable, but cohesive.

slugwife - Minimum Wage Search Engine - Love it! First half could be the soundtrack for a weird Earthbound boss. Jazz piano in the second half keeps it grounded. Vocals and ambience add texture without overdoing it.

skolskoly - Out of Time - Nice! It’s like a hybrid of big beat and yacht rock. The key change halfway through was a nice surprise.

This was a tough choice, since there were so many quality tracks. This was my first time taking part in MBC and I’m looking forward to the next one!

5 Likes
  1. skolskoly - Out of Time
  2. D Fast - Another Dimension
  3. BENEFIT OF THE BOOMERANG - Organic Mechanism
1 Like

1 JTPE - BEA5menator
2 Woodpecking Mantis - Temporal Lobe Profanation
3 TheBellows - Mutual Brains 13

2 Likes

@Achenar thx

1 Like

That would be nice, I already learned some things looking at others people files :wink:

1.Renegade '69 by Kluster Bounce.
2.Sandstorm by Electronic Tiger.
3.Empathy not Compassion by Neuro… No Neuro.

And I have to say, this is really, really difficult. If I didn’t vote for your track, trust me it was hard not to. It doesn’t feel right trying to choose the best three. My vote feels like it wants to change by the hour. To make it easier, I’ve decided to choose on based on terms of what to me feels the most intense, the most fun, and then the most weird.

1. Renegade '69. I absolute love the brutality of this. Puts teeth into my spine and spines into my teeth. Clenched my jaw so hard listening to it, that it fell off. Currently at the ER getting it sewed back on.

2. Sandstorm. The vibe of this one reminds me of a state of mind I want to get back into. Feels really good, refreshing and carefree, but tense and ready to knock down an elk or something. Makes me want to go skiing in the desert. Or at least watch videos of people skiing in the desert while I listen to it, because there’s no deserts where I live.

3. Empathy not compassion. …I almost don’t know what to say about this one. It touches on feelings I haven’t felt for a long time. Some sorta creepy, alien and cold, but familiar and warm feeling. I get an almost sort of nostalgia for a fever dream or something listening to it. It’s surreal, and it’s coldness becomes warmth, which is concept that in itself is as surreal as the track.

But all of them are great and I’ll be listening to all of these tracks for a good while. I’m very thankful to have been able to participate in this for my first time posting here, especially with such good musicians. <3

4 Likes

When is the deadline for vote?
i’am busy and i want to fully listen all tracks… with focus as it should be!

1 Like

Tomorrow morning, 10 am CST, give or take

ohhh shit! hurry up! :slight_smile:

SO:
lot of good tracks… wahou!
very difficult to choose

1 SimulatedXen - Clockdrifter
2 The Bellows -Mutual Brains 13
3 Kara Kusa Timeless Rotten orange

i hesitate a lot with others great songs…

4 Likes

10 Likes

Hi all!
**My top 3 **
1- SimulatedXen - Clockdrifter " can cause arrhythmia on repeat"
2- Neuro… No Neuro - Empathy Not Compassion
3- daed - Division Nightmare

4 Likes

Great entries all around, my top 3 votes go to;

1. Highway Rehab - Calm
  2. SimulatedXen - Clockdrifter
  3. Sunnk - mbc xiii
4 Likes

That sounds… very challenging, 30mintues. And I currently don’t have a way to screen capture anything. But I’d be up for trying it, sure.

I love this, thank you! I hope you’ll find your way back there to that state of mind. It is a cool place to be.

I had no idea but skiing in the desert is a thing, apparently.

1 Like

OK, folks, it’s been fun, but soon it’s done… voting thread closes in one hour.
Vote now if you’re gonna!

I’d also encourage everyone to repost the MBC 13 playlist on your soundcloud, let’s all help get this music heard :slight_smile:
Big thanks to @achenar for compiling and posting it up on the official account!

once votes are in, I will tally it all up, adjusting points for xrns files & native dsp and post the top 10, then hand it off to @Conner_Bw to determine the prize winners

been super fun hosting this. Thanks again to all who participated & I look forward to organizing some regular speedcomps, and… MBC 14, whenever that rolls around! Happy to pass the baton to someone else, too, if anyone else has the desire to organize it. just hmu. or not… it IS the most disorganized compo, after all :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

So many great entries!!! Here’s my top 3:

SimulatedXen - Clockdrifter: excellent dripping slimy textures, absolutely fantastic sound design.
Achenar - No Mercy For Tyrants: love how simple this is, the combo of the acoustic drum samples with the chip sounds is the best of both worlds. Reminds me a lot of Master Boot Record, which’ll always get a vote from me.
Woodpecking Mantis - Temporal Lobe Profanation: Nice old school jungle vibes, love the really simple lead.

2 Likes

ok, voting is closed. I’ll tally things up and post results as soon as possible. got a busy couple of days ahead, but should be able to get to it soon :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Zensphere - time paradox

Highway rehab - Calm

D Fast - Another dimension

Crap. I wish I had more time to vote.