Native Arpeggiator Concept for Renoise

Thing like this you can say about all things that your DAW don’t have… Don’t have eq with big plugin window? - buy it! Don’t have proper arp plugin - buy it! DEV’s politic like this is scaring me because words like this sounding ala: “Man this is not our problems” :confused:

To what type do you mean?

I do not quite understand your reflection.Could you be more explicit?

@30rhythms: I was simply pointing out that external arpeggiators (free or commercial ;)) can control XRNIs just fine.

And just to clarify what I think of when I mention a “native arpeggiator”: it must be able to take incoming notes (from the pattern editor or external MIDI) - everything from a single one, to chords - and somehow transform that into an arpeggiating sequence. That sort of disqualifies the 0Axx command, as it’s explicitly stating the notes in advance, and not adapting to the notes as they arrive.

At the moment, this sort of thing Renoise simply doesn’t have without the use of tools or external plugins. Everything else would be convoluted workarounds? I can only really think of monophonic phrases, as they can be transposed on the fly while playing/recording.