So I am running v2.6 beta with my novation launchpad. I just got the launchpad today and I’ve been trying to get it set up with no avail. I can actually use the launchpad as a very basic midi controller – I can map it to buttons in the UI – but I’d really like to be able to do some step-editing like this: Renoise Based Audio-video Step Sequencer
I’m just confused on what I’m doing wrong here. here are my basic questions:
- LaunchPad comes with Automap. Does this need to be running?
- The forum thread here Renoise Based Audio-video Step Sequencer lists out software required – which I have indeed downloaded and installed (Renoise Based Step-Sequencer v0.1, 8x8 Sliders for LaunchPad, Max Runtime) — I’m running on OSX right now and Max5 seems to load but doesn’t give me any sort of interface. Should it? What is the purpose of the 8x8 slider and the Step Sequencer, and why would I use it instead of just Renoise?
- How do I launch renoise in Slave mode? The instructions here – http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/ReWire – tell me that if I launch a “master app” then Renoise will simply prompt me to run in Slave mode. What is the master app in this situation? Automap? 8x8 slider? Max Runtime? The step sequencer?
- How does ReWire fit in to the equation?
- All of these apps are asking for what I want for Launchpad in, out, and MIDI out… What’s the rule of thumb here?
Anyway, just generally scratching my head over all of this. Thanks for any help.