New Beginner's Tutorial

Hello folks, just to let you know that the new version of the Beginner’s Tutorial video is now up on Youtube. It has been completely remade from scratch and is:

• Extended to include a few more points
  • Revised so it flows better and makes more sense
  • Updated to be correct for version 2.8
  • Just more professionally done in general
  • New feature for all Renoise keyboard cowboys from Dallas, Texas who don’t have a ‘Zed’ key: We now also support the ‘Zee’ key!

45 minutes is a long shot… you could break up the clips into 4 to 5 minute clips, gives users the ability to take breaks and continue from specific points without having to figuring out where they left the last time…

hah that’s hilarious i never saw that one :P

Great tutorial! If only the WHY key were supported, too! ;)

I will give it a watch over the coming week. Being a beginner this should be right up my street. I worked through the previous 4 beginners videos and they were great.

In a future version, the Renoise Help Menu should open an internal web browser window, that could be able to play tutorials, and this youtube video should be the first to be featured.

The video now has subtitles for both Japanese and English thanks to the excellent work by Sato.

Yeah, indeed it’s a bit long to watch at once. So I recommend watching it for every part.
It’s not good that youtube does not have a marker function though.

[Edit] I did not know the “time tag” of the of youtube until now. Added them below.

##################################################

Intro
Part1 Building A Beat (1:56~)
Part2 Adding Effects (7:47~)
Part3 Automation (11:36~)
Part4 Instruments (16:30~)
Part5 Track Extras (20:30~)
Part6 Group, Send & Master Tracks (27:22~)
Part7 Advancing The Song (32:41~)

##################################################

Also you can try to use the auto “Translate Captions (BETA)” function if you open the [CC] icon.
Although it seems that it is not so practical… :rolleyes: :P

Anyway, the movie was made very carefully and kindly.
Great work!!

I tried the audio transcoding, i had a good laugh to read how youtube interprets Archenar’s accent :D :w00t:
(Almost as much fun as the misheard lyrics flics)

Hey, I’ve made a japanese narration version of the Beginner’s Tutorial movie. (a bit geekish version, haha :P )

At first, I was going to do narration by myself, so I asked for and received the movie file without narration voice from Achenar.
However, I gave it up once because I’m poor at narration and I cannot follow his talking speed.
But then, I’ve found VOICEROID on the net, she speaks Japanese very clearly.
So I “hired” her ;) and finally, it’s completed here.

Although her voice is a bit mechanical, she speaks Japanese well enough (at least, than me). :walkman: