New Presets For The Multitap Device

well spotted, there was a tiny typo that made the two values reciprocally interfere… thanx for reporting!

Oh awesome, so does this mean it will be fixed to behave the same as the Delay for the next beta?

yess of course !

Yeah! I’ll make up some more presets in b3.

thanks dudes :)

Oh no, same issue in beta3! Maybe the change is coming in beta4? :)

uh? should have fixed it! will double check

i’ve tested both delay and multitap with the same settings and the results are equal !

could you please show me an example with the 2 delays with the same settings that provides different panning results ?

Oh! I was sure I was getting the bug again… I’ll get some time later and make up an XRNS to show you what I mean.

Apologies kRAkEn/gORe! I’ve had an idiot moment! I downloaded b3 but forgot to install it and opened up beta2! Duh! :wacko:

Sounds perfect now!! Awesome, thank you for fixing that. I’ll make up a few more presets soon. :)

hey no problem ! i rushed to check again if everything i’ve done for fixing this was on another project and not on renoise :)

Is it possible to simulate a Space Echo device accurately with the Multitap Device?

Nothing can sound really like analog sound on tape. But you can get close by modulating the Delay time parameter just a tiny bit.
Just add a couple of LFO’s for this. Set the Amplitude to less then 0.5%. And keep a slow frequency.
Also roll off some high freq with the Lowpass filter.

Here you go!! (filesonic: is there any way to increase attached filesize limit on this forum??)
multitap formant filter device chain
Use a saw sample and move the input slider on the “vowel” hydra

first person to make a song with lyrics using this thing a sawtooth and whitenoise wins!!

Edit: maybe this shouldn’t be here: this is a chain not a preset

Here are a few more presets…
The Stadion speakers are pretty doubtful. If you really want to emulate positioning changing as well, you need an X/Y pad controlling two hydra’s. One controls tap 1 & 2 and the other controls tap 3 and 4. Not only do you need to control the timings, but also the feedback and filter responses. (The latter goes above my head though)

Edit:forgot one…

Just one more from me:

A little bit late to the game, but, I was inspired by a recent thread to create a few presets based around a ping-pong delay type of effect.

I’ve included a fairly standard ‘classic’ preset just to get things started, plus a few more interesting rhythmic variations that will hopefully give you some creative ideas. As you can hopefully see from the presets themselves, it’s really easy to create some very cool rhythmic and staggered delay patterns simply by varying the Line Sync delay times a little bit.

Please refer to the post I’ve linked above if you want to know more about this particular method of creating a ping-pong effect, how/why I chose to set up each tap in a certain way, etc.

Cheers :)

3208 PingPong Classic.xrdp

3209 PingPong Double Tap 1.xrdp

3210 PingPong Double Tap 2.xrdp

3211 PingPong Galloping.xrdp

3212 PingPong Rhythm 1.xrdp

3213 PingPong Rhythm 2.xrdp

dblue, has anyone told you recently how awesome you are?
thanks for this, really great. the multitap isn’t getting a lot of love, and i’m not knowledgeable enough myself to properly figure it out, so appreciate these presets plus the explanation you gave in the linked thread.

Hold on there rhowaldt, Has anyone told you that you still haven’t updated the cheat sheet in your forum signature?

^ nobody told me that except myself :)

fact is, i have been busy with other, non-Renoise stuff for some time now so it has not been getting a lot of attention.