New Sidechain Method?

I’ve had nothing but headache with sidekick personally… it never seems to keep the settings I assign to it, and for some reason, similar settings (I’ve marked them down on paper just to be sure) never seem to work the same twice. Sometimes it seems that the two instances of the plugin aren’t communicating at all. The one time I got it working, it worked great though… until of course I saved and reloaded the song :(

Totally opposite experience with sidekick here.
I followed foo?'s step by step guide for setting it up (which I am pissed off because I cant find the thread for it… but I’m 99.99% sure its in tips n tricks somewhere)
and as long as you follow the simple rules in that thread it seems quite workable. Never had a problem with it losing settings, only things where the seperate instances of the plug weren’t communicating… but always fixed with restarting reniose or removing it from the DSP chains and re-configuring (it was always when I was still setting things up… who knows might be something i was doing wrong continuously)

You misunderstand me, I meant that I you can live with the bug. :)

Atleast I only had trouble with it.

TC Compressor and Sidechain appear to work, not fully tested (i.e. made a full track, saved then re-loaded)

Next question (and possibly I am being a n00b here), but how can I make the track being compressed (e.g. my kickdrum) be limited by everything else?

I can put the Sidechain listener into the Master track, but then the kick drum will affect itself.

Try to put it into a send track (s01) at the right of the mastertrack… And then rout the channels
you want to it by using #Send Device to direct the track sound there.

and btw. there is good and bad noobs.
the onces that never ask questions. <- BAD NOOB.
and those who asks for directions. <- GOOD NOOB. :)

we all walk the road past the same signs. its only a matter of when and how.

http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?sho…8855&st=40#

There you go.

I’ve not had time to test Byte’s alternative method yet.

Hmm. Until Renoise has it’s own sidechain method, I will probably stick to 1.8 when doing dancemusic, where there’s no buffer-delay between the sidekick-instances.

The TC stuff works. As I have said a MILLION times before.

Yes. A MILLION times. :)

TC NATIVE BUNDLE WORKS FINE FOR SIDECHAINING.

Would anyone like me to say it again?

TC Native bundle has a bug… If you use more than 1 instances of the plug-in it doesn’t remember which compressor was chained by which key-input. Aswell as it does not remember the Level settings on reloading the song.

This same bug is present on allmost any plug-ins there are so I guess that is the main reason for the demand of new sidechain plug-ins…

Use version 3.0 and not version 3.1.

vadarfone: Another point is that sidekick, microgater, et cetera are freeware, TC Native Bundle is not.

Me. Using TC plugs since they exist. Works perfect. Sidechain thing works OK in RENOISE.

p.s. and TC plugs sounds very , very good.

:)

They do sound good.

have you tried this one
http://www.harmony-central.com/ProductImag…e/000015725.jpg

have send and receive
i have no time to test it meself thanks
same days ago i tried side kick , i cant do what results be exetlly what i need
in wave editor result looks unexpectedly wrong with dedicated parameters
sorry for bad english

I have this one, but havent tested it yet.

How come every thread on sidechaining turns into “OMF I TOLD U ALREADY USE THIS VST!!!” … if I wanted to use that specific VST, I would be already. The fact is, I want to do MORE than the VSTs you’re offering can do.

we are talking about we want
if you are not interesting in this threat
leave the forum

Seems to me that off-railing someone’s thread is bad form, old chap… and looking at your post count, you’re not someone who should be telling me to leave the forum… it’s a tad bit rude.

As for the “threat” of free speech that you speak of, I’ve got no problem with it, I just find trolling annoying. And the act of responding to every thread on a subject with the same response, when people have stated repeatedly that it does not solve their issue, is trolling.

Ahem, peace dudes. We’re talking effects here, not religion.

Byte, I’ve put this question to you before: what can you do that will help the situation?

I’m gonna keep looking for a suitable solution and keep posting my results here :P

And maybe, just maybe, I’ll develop my own solution.