New Squarepusher Album

Seriously, you can hear the drums clip on every fill.
This must be the baddest produced album in years… (I don’t understand, rick rubin :S)

and after the “load” album I never took their songs serious anymore :(

Port Rhombus

ceeeeeeeeeeeeeephaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax

While everyboby should know “Big Loada” is Squarepushers greatest album… I’m loving this one.

Exidy Tours! I’m loving Ceephex these days.

To be honest: I was aware of Squarepushers work for a few years but never really interested. Right until this thread. I’ve bought the “Souvenir Album”, thought it to be funny, bought some more stuff and came to the conclusion “Big Loada” might be the nicest work of his. Dunno.
I’m about to fill my AFX collection (same story like SP) and Venetian Snares. Does anyone have some recommendations? :)

Aphex Twin - Richard D James Album
Aphex Twin - Drukqs
AFX - Chosen Lords
The Tuss - Rushup Edge
Venetian Snares - Infolepsy
Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
Venetian Snares - Detrimentalist (<-- he just recently released this one)

There are many more albums I’d recommend, but if you’re really loving Big Loada, I’d suggest you get this stuff before exploring more. (For example, Snares put out 2 albums that have a lot of strings/orchestral melodies. They’re both great, but you’d probably like his crazy synth stuff more.)

You may also like Wisp a lot, but I’m not as familiar with his albums sooooo I can’t recommend favorites.

Aphex:
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords
Analords…
Druqks
Richard D James Album
Select Ambient Works (Both 85-92 and Vol. II)
26 Mixes for Cash

Venetian Snares:
Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding
Rossz Csillag Alatt Szueletett
My Downfall
Winter In The Belly of a Snake
Detrimentalist

but seriously…you can’t go wrong with anything by either of these guys…

Aphex Twin - Richard D James Album [X] bought
Aphex Twin - Drukqs [X] bought
AFX - Chosen Lords [X] bought

The Tuss - Rushup Edge
Venetian Snares - Infolepsy
Venetian Snares - Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms
Venetian Snares - Detrimentalist (<-- he just recently released this one) [X] bought

I’m spending a lot of money on mp3 releases lately.
Bleep.com is great. Thx for the other recommendations. I’m just about to build a nice repertoire. :)

I do also like Squares’ almost solo Bass-playing on a lot of his albums. :) I’ll have a look at Wisp

The only way to get hand of all of those would be to… pirate them… ^^

I don’t usually pirate music. But I DID this week nab the Analords 1 - 11 Flac torrent. How the eff else are we supposed to get them? If digital downloads existed I would have been all over that.
:unsure:

Neither do I. There is so much stuff though not available at all through legal sources. :(

you already know it… ;)

especially if there were special remixes/ singles downloads available// :confused:

edit: no function to merge posts in here. :confused:

I actually just downloaded Aphex Twin’s unreleased “Melodies From Mars”. It was originally supposed to be music for a video game, but it was replaced by the RDJ album. Definitely worth checking out, its very interesting to hear Aphex chip melodies.

if someone is interested I have made a review in italian of the latest album here: http://muppetslab.org/4/11/2008/un-esperie…just-a-souvenir

Wasn’t that another album that RDJ denied making? Dude seriously doesn’t like taking credit for his own work.

I have been a big fan of track 11 from that album. Such a great little tune!!

Here is an excellent anime someone placed with the music on youtube Track 11 - Melodies from Mars - youtube.com Link

He denies creating it? It’s amazing. Wonder why he would be embarrassed of it.

Cant do anything…i just like this kinda fucked up sound. Simple and raw. St. Anger was favorite too.

Because there’s a track on m.f.M. that’s also on the r.d.j. album …and the aphex twin signature is all over the album …It was made just before the ’ expert knob twiddlers ’ album

I was disappointed in a good way by that release. It’s not a very serious album, it’s quite “fun” sounding. Apparently RDJ and Paradinas just dropped acid and fucked around for a week and that album was the result.

Melodies From Mars was never officially released. It was given to a few friends of afx and then somehow leaked to the net. I read up on it, he doesn’t deny making it, he just has never talked about it or admitted to making it, as it was never “released” other than via torrents.