New Tool (2.8-3.1): Padsynth

I just wanted to pop in to say how much I’m enjoying working with this tool! It’s bloody brilliant! Thanks!

So…

I want to put a future request here where you can apply a range of harmonics you can modify without having to effect the rest. This would make this tool a lot more powerful in the long run when doing finite adjustments on the fly.

https://www.renoise.com/tools/padsynth

Thanks to @drakmaniso - holy cow - they’ve taken the PadSynth and given it some amazing new life - TONS of new options to create even more sounds, including:

• the specification of the overtones is now done in two steps: a formula to define the general shape, and the sliders to customize it;

• the formula has several presets, but can also be entered manually! (any Lua code will do);

• the formula can be further modified by several “curve” settings;

• the sliders can still be edited manually, but there is now several buttons to generate random values;

• the two set of values are multiplied to obtain the final overtone configuration;

• this final overtone configuration is displayed at the bottom of the window;

• it is possible to send this final configuration to either the formula or the sliders, so that it can be further modified.

An example use:

1. Select “Linear Ramp” in the overtone formula menu

2. Tweak the curve settings

3. Click the button “Chaotic Curve” above the sliders

4. Generate a test note,

You can repeat 3 and 4 a few times to try different randomization.

If you want to further tweak the result, you can click the “Send to Sliders” button. Note that this reset the formula an the curve settings. You can now use the buttons under the sliders to modify the result.

6 Likes

pardon my language
but holy shit!
loving the new UI

1 Like

Yeah, this really opened up the PadSynth to far greater sound design opportunities. It’s truly an amazing synth!

1 Like

User-interface updated today - a nice tidying up, looks great!

Find it on the tool page for 3.2

1 Like

Every time I open Renoise (3.3.2) I’m getting a prompt to update this tool, even though I already have. Any idea how I can stop these prompts? Thanks.

Delete post please

@drakmaniso
This is wonderful! It creates very beautiful sounds.
However, pressing the “Generate Test Note” button is a bit cumbersome, so please consider the following

1. assigning it to a shortcut key
  2. option to automatically generate “Generate Test Note” each time parameters are changed