New Tool (2.8): Edit Step Tools

to accompany this tool by dblue, if i may;
to the people that always make beats in 24 lpb mode and stuff… and others that are just tired of hitting the Ctrl+4 and Ctrl+= / Ctrl± shortcuts a lot, the easiest tool I’ve ever made: Edit Step Tools
:D
should actually be called Edit Step Keys. but now it’s too late. allows you to set KB shortcuts for setting Edit Step to LPB - times, or divided by, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16.

yo. if this doesn’t do LPB*2 multiplication already for editstep, I’ll have to appropriate it

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Oh, I see what you did there:

so yes, you do do LPB*2 etc for editstep, which is pretty neat. nice thinking. i suppose one other thing would be to create a specific midimapping for 0-64 editstep, that could be neat f or fast tracking, if someone tends to use their midiknobs (i dont).

i suppose this gives an idea to map shift-numpadsomething to +editstep and -editstep

Sorry, misread original comment. Some nice additions in there :)

because in a tool, it takes the current pattern, writes current LPB to it, clones the current pattern, alters the LPB, and writes the LPB to the new current pattern, which is then expanded by *2, and the pattern length is resized, of course, to meet the new size.

alternative answer: “oh, i dunno”

it’s not already there? :D
only thing i’m gonna change still is have the shortcut called “EditStep” instead of “Edit Step” to comply with how renoise done it