New Tool (2.8) Epic Arpeggiator 3.0

No, Renoise itself has nothing to do with this. This problem occurs if you are a first time user. Greyfox had the exact same issue.
Go to Help → Show preference Folder, then go to the scripts/tools folder, then continue my advise from post 58:

I have my two week holiday starting next week, i’m going to put a fix for this in my todo list.
I should have fixed this long time ago but so far private time the past year was barely enough for me to eat, sleep and go to the toilet/bathroom

EDIT/ STUPID ME.
I never upgraded to 2.8.2

Note the above trick does not work on Renoise 3.0 since the plugin is completely not compatible to 3.0 (and it is a hell of a lot of work to manually adjust EA to work with Renoise 3.0)
I’ve tried to get the installation fixed on 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 on OSX, but for some reason the os.move() command doesn’t seem to get access to “write” to the tools folder.
I can still try to see if a chmod on the tools folder resolves this, i’m not sure if i can do an os.execute("sudo chmod "…toolpath) with the usual access parameters from within Lua on OSX. It is however frustrating that these options do not work cross platform.

I just tried to installcom.renoise.EpicArpeggiator_Rns280_V2.93.xrnx on a clean install of Renoise 3.0 (MAC) and got the safe installer dialog.

Will this version work with 3.0? I did not have this tool previously.

I just tried to installcom.renoise.EpicArpeggiator_Rns280_V2.93.xrnx on a clean install of Renoise 3.0 (MAC) and got the safe installer dialog.

Will this version work with 3.0? I did not have this tool previously.

Unfortunately this tool or at least the instrument arpeggiator part of it will not work on 3.0. The whole instrument API changed so much it requires a reasonably amount of changes. Some of them can be done in not too much amount of time, but i need to add more sanity checks regarding availability of the amount of pitch modulation configurations (how many sets are used) and then also check the used range limitations. Suppose desire to support phrases (import and export) is a most welcome addition as well.

So far time has not been on my hands lately. (Family and work demands)

You might be able to get the the pattern editor part working (only for the main pattern editor) if you change the API code version to 4.0 in the manifest.xml file inside the xrnx folder, but the instrument pitch arpeggiator will fail.

Will this be updated anytime soon?