New Tool (2.8): Mpe

Thanks i will try and add these things to the next version.
Now available from the tools downloads.

added updated version 2.9 - available from tools page when out of quarantine otherwise look on first post.

I was having an issue with version 2.8 which would almost cause renoise to hang on exit (due to coding instrument notifiers)

changed :

• corrected the instant sample button [REC.SAMP]
  • [Edit] button now toggles the advanced edit screen and displays the song window

I highly recommend replacing version 2.8 with 2.9

added updated version 3.0

fix

• fixed SELECT-START sample / SELECT-END sample rotary error bug (when switch from longer sample to shorter sample then moving start or end range)
  • fixed LOOP-START sample / LOOP-END sample rotary error bug (when switch from longer sample to shorter sample then moving start or end range)
  • fixed SLICE.M button function error bug (when attempting to add a slice marker when a slice is selected)
  • fixed the Maximum range for SELECT-START sample / SELECT-END sample rotary (updates if a sample exists or is changed)
  • fixed PREV.SQ (could not go to previous position once it reached the last Pattern in the Song)

changed

• LP.F / LP.B / LP.P now can toggle on or off
  • LP.OFF button removed

added

• UNDO button

first post for download

Good work! :drummer:

Just a questionā€¦ Isnā€™t it about time you updated the picture? :)

How do I map the rotaries?
I canā€™t select them in the Midi Mapping Learn Modeā€¦

There is an arrow on the left to a line saying ā€œAvailable & Active mappingsā€ click it and a list appears.
In there you select the MPE node and the specific mappings that are programmable.

Ah brilliant, thanks.

Really is a great set of features on this!

A couple more Qs -

Is it possible to save the tool settings with a project?
So it opens ready mapped with the project?

Or is it necessary to open the tool and mapping each time itā€™s used?

Also could it run ā€˜in the backgroundā€™? With no GUI
I know the interface is designed to replace Renoiseā€™s, but I like both tracker sequencing AND all the hands on shortcuts of the MPEā€¦

hi. I think if you open up the gui and set the settings and save it as a song template in ā€œSong Settingsā€, it should load up automatically midimapped.

about the in-the-background features, which in-the-background features would you like to have? in theory sevenscientist could make purely midimappable / keyboard shortcuttable versions of for instance the recording services, etc. So which ones are the functions which you want to have without the gui open?

Good questions, what if there was a button to fold up (hide) the gui?

esaruoho : I will update the first post image as per your request! good idea anyway to let you know what the next version looks like!

added updated version 3.1

added:

• MPE version logo folds-up (hides) the gui

Thank you for this Sevenscientist.

Being able to hide the interface when I need to is just what I needed. Im using ā€œl ctrl + r ctrlā€ to activate his feature.

Again, thank you :D

thanks esaruoho :)
and SevenScientist, you are a legend.

I have 2 more requests thoughā€¦

1 - A fine tune rotary.
2 - Your Paypal address so I can give you some beer tokens!

thanks muckleby!
paypal is - payment@teqgooru.com.au

just finished another update so finetune will be in version 3.3

added updated version 3.2

fix

• some internal code reformatted
  • slices in display updates if a sample has 4/8/16 or 32 slices

added

• hide tool except the display - icon next to sevenscientist (midi mappable)
  • bars in display now updates according to number of bars set through the tool
  • slices in display is midi mappable (will cycle through slice modes)
  • some cosmetic changes to GUI
  • mpe logo - hide tool (midi mappable)

ā€¦is there a reason that i am unable to midi map the pitch,select,loop, and volume. all of the other buttons become selectable on the midi mapping optionsā€¦please make these work for me!!! we will love you. for real.

There is an arrow on the left to a line saying ā€œAvailable & Active mappingsā€ click it and a list appears.
In there you select the MPE node and the specific mappings that are programmable.

Does it work in Renoise 2.8 yet?

Hey hexnibble I have tested it and did work for me, I will be releasing version 3.3 soon

future version may include bpm rotary or slider
finetune transpose/pitch of samples
snap to bars / beats for select start and end rotaries loop rotaries

3.2 working here on 2.8 beta4.

time to get 2.8beta5