New Tool (2.8): Step Sequencer 2

“You are welcome to test it with 4 Launchpads, just contact me in a PM”, i’ll have to buy them first but if you’re confident that it ‘should’ work then it’s time to hit up ebay methinks

“This is already possible, you can modify the step length to 8, 16 or 32”, i already do this and it’s awesome. I was just curious if it’d be possible to combine the two as like I said I’ve got soo much screen to play with ^_^

“the payment process is currently down for some reason”, assuming it comes up at some point it’s all good. If it doesn’t i’ll pm you for the paypal though i’m sure there’s other people on here that value the work you’re doing as much as I do and would like to say thanks so it might be worth displaying it somewhere for us

Actually it should work, but I can not guarantee it, because I have not the possibility to test it currently. But I am trying to organize the missing 2 Launchpads somehow…

Thank you for your support :)

if the “somehow” was a subtle hint then it worked, drop me a pm and i’ll try to get one your way :D

hehe, to be honest, it was not my intention ;) but I will pm you anyway, thx for your offer :)

btw. the payment button works again. I changed the service provider; thanks for the hint.

Currently testing 4 Launchpads cascaded as 32 Step Sequencer… my desk seems to be too small a little bit :)

You can certainly play twister with this setup on the floor with your wife

rediculousness.

Hey guys.

Its scriptable for launchpad???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1xxWdvotAlo#!

lower left part for choise instruments, lower right part for effect comand (velocity or accent, pan, delay, triger etc) upper 4 lines for enter note.

Good idea, of course nobody knows yet since it’s not for sale atm?

I mean used just a part idea for launchpad)))

That may be possible with some tweaks, except from the effect settings.

Actually the Lauflicht Step Sequencer follows another design. However, with the Control Matrix you can modulate any effect (also filter, delay, etc.) for every single step. You could also use another Midi-Controller for it (e.g. Korg NanoControl or similar), what makes the editing more intuitive in my point of view.
Furthermore, the version 3 is now finished with multiple Launchpad support. There will be soon an own posting for this.

Hey all,

I bought the newest launchpad version, and it works awesome rewired into my other DAW so that it can send midi notes through midi yoke.

Works great…EXCEPT a few things:

1. I want to create a default template so that it auto-loads lauflicht launchpad tool automatically and has each of the rows assigned to outputs and notes
  2. When I manually try to change the note on a row that’s previously been assigned to for instance instrument 2, it switches it to instrument 1.

How would I go about setting this up properly?

Thanks!!

That is great! :)

to 1: I think it is not possible to load a Renoise tool on startup. Maybe the devs can say somtehing about it?
You can set up a template song, that is loaded on startup or when you create a new song:
http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Song_Settings#Template_Song

to 2: Have you selected the same instrument in the instrument selection box like it is selected in the step sequencer plugin?
I could not reproduce. If you reselect the instrument in the plugin window, it should automatically assign all notes to that instrument.

i’m not a renoise dev, but its perfectly possible.
one thing to keep in mind, though, tools get initialized on startup, before renoise.song() is available, therefor you would need a function hooked to renoise.tool().app_new_document_observable to know when the song is loaded. then you can start your tool.

i have been looking at stepsequencer lauflicht as well at livedive, but to be oneced i think it is much easier to work without those tools. dont get me wrong, i know such programming needs lots of work and knowledge of course, but the haptik of both tools is more difficult then renoise itself and also, when you mess around something manually inside the pattern without the tool afterwards, the tool wont work properly anymore and give error

what i said is my meaning about stepsequencer lauflicht, live dive is the best tool i have seen so far, beside those synth and waveform tools

Thanks for that hint! :)/>

Thank you for your opinion. It is a pity that you could not get along with the tool. For me personally a step sequencer is one of the most easiest and intuitive way to create music/patterns. When using the step sequencer and editing “by hand” in the pattern, you have to keep in mind, that you have to use only one single instrument for every track, to work with the step sequencer properly. Also the step sequencer does not recognize your edits automatically at once. To reload the current pattern, just change the editstep, and the notes entered “by hand” should be visible.

Thx! :)/>

1. is it possible to set up a “preset” for the tool so that I don’t have to dial in the notes every single time that I load the tool?

2. I understand, would it be possible to remove this “selection” so that we can work on notes no matter what instrument is selected? I’d like it to be as effortless and non-mouse/kbd as possible…

Good work on this one ! Gute Arbeit :D

I wish there would be an option to change the steps to 64 steps !

Maybe an upcoming new feature ?

Cu

Thank you very much! :)
I think I tried aleready having 64 steps and it caused some problems; e.g. the window gets to wide so that you have not all steps on the screen, and also other internal calculations fail so that it will be a lot of work to make it usable.
Anyway I will have a look at it again.