New Tool (3.0) Render and Slice

really interesting, great way of getting deeper and deeper in the resampling… thank you!

hope the write to phrases functino will come up and running in 3.x soon : )

I’ve been thinking about this excellent tool and how I often use it along side some others such as the ‘easy tune’ and the slices to Midi tool.

I wonder if it would be possible to have the tool analyse the fundamental of a given slice, tune it to C and, when putting it in place on the pattern, assign the correct note to the slice.

Maybe it could also autoloop the slices (like a ReCycle kind of thing) and build a multisampled instrument as an option.

I imagine this working with material that is originally an imported loop as well.

So basically you’d start with a loop from a library or wherever but end up with a carbon copy of the loop in place with all its slices broken out and represented as the correct notes for the original pitch, but each of them would now be a sustaining instrument in its own right.
Packaging all of this into a parent instrument would be essential to keep the number of instrument slots used rational :slight_smile:

Would need to be optional for percussion stuff where it’s maybe less useful.

I think this would be an allmighty tool not just for freezing VSTi but also reworking prerecorded loops. A bit like Melodyne (but not quite, of course).

Great tool!

1 Like

Is there a version of this that works for 3.1 ? or an alternate tool that provides this functionality?

Maybe just a tiny modification is needed? But shhhhh don’t tell anyone :ph34r:

where is the tool?

not it, but you could try this. seems like comparable functionality?

1 Like