New Tool (3.0): Step Sequencer 3

No problem, I am happy that it works now for you. :)

This is great, thank you :)

Hm, I have to investigate the whole phrase topic. Do you have an idea how it visually could be done (like a button “Copy to phrase”)?

A “copy to next phrase” button per sequencer row would be cool. Its just a nice to have so no problem if its not possible.

Firstly nice fun tool.

now small feature request :)

Is it posible to mouse down sequences or remove buttons and drag to toggle them or this is limited by renoise api?

THX for Your Great Effort and happy Sequencing.

Probably inevitable because of Api restrictions / how things work currently / my old core duo laptop, but every time a pattern changes in a song and the step positions are updated in the tool gui, the screen delays for a bit. Really cool tool this, but for me only usable on creating new songs, not for playing with on existing projects.

Will never happen, but I would really like a native, optimized step sequencer tab.

Ok, I will investigate if it is possible.

Thank you very much :)
Unfortunately the Renoise api does not support such gui functions currently.

I have reworked the function completely when a pattern changes and the steps are reloaded into the gui. It should be about 4 times faster (or even better) now. The most cpu power is used when there are a lot of instruments (more than 60) in one song, so removing unused instruments could also increase the performance in that case. Maybe you can test if it takes effect with your cpu (btw. I have an i7-2630qm and there are no hearable delays, some slight visible delays when having a lot samples/tracks).
Please download in the first post.

There is a new beta version 3.11:

• improved performance when loading new pattern data into the gui (e.g. on pattern change), it is about 4 times faster now (or even better).
    Please download in the first post above.

Cie, I have made topic with request in lua api that will enable mouse dragging on checkboxes.

P.S. Dont have much time lately but from short testing: nice performance improvements!

edit:added link

Nice work Cie, still some lag on heavy songs though definitely feeling that optimization :yeah: , good job, only thing left for me to suggest is to have page’s update, auto scroll in the tool while playing a song :drummer:

@kopias: great, thank you for testing and the request. :)
@Djeroek: this is great :) Nice feature request, will add it to my todo list. This should be then optional (to be set on/off).

I’ve bought Lauflicht without prior testing :) and tried to use it recently. Found out that it forces me to use separate tracks, which is not good if you’re using drumkit instruments with FX on (see this «bug» thread). I’d love to see it to be capable of putting notes to multiple note columns of a track. Otherwise it forces me to use not one balanced drumkit with FX chains, but multiple drum instruments (which is no-go for me personally).

I have made the new version 3.11 public, There was also another fix. Please refer to the first post:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-step-sequencer-3/38153

…only thing left for me to suggest is to have page’s update, auto scroll in the tool while playing a song :drummer:

@Djeroek: this is great smile.gif Nice feature request, will add it to my todo list. This should be then optional (to be set on/off).

Cool! Now that the updating of new pattern data on pattern change is improved even further, can you also add auto-updating of pages when playing a song? (when edit-step is 1 for example). Would be great :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Cool! Now that the updating of new pattern data on pattern change is improved even further, can you also add auto-updating of pages when playing a song? (when edit-step is 1 for example). Would be great :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

I have created a new beta, this should include the new feature “autoscroll pages”. Please see first post.

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-step-sequencer-3/38153

It would be nice if you could test it… :slight_smile:

It would be nice if you could test it… :slight_smile:

Yo! Thanks for the option.

Been able to crash Renoise and have made a thread here;https://forum.renoise.com/t/lauflicht-tool-renoise-crash/42659

This is really cool, somehow didn’t give it a try before now and I love it! I’ve noticed something weird though, if you add more than one line of pattern fx in the control section you must manually expand the track/add columns with the + symbol for those extra patternfx to work. I suppose the obvious request would be to add the extra columns to the track automatically when you add some data to extra rows in the control section.

thanks for making this tool!! :yeah:

Hi all,

I bought a dead Launchpad from that auction site. It turned out that the PIC microcontroller had ceased to function, probably due to some tampering with the USB socket - it ran enough for me to scope the signals so I could work out how it clocked out the LED information, and clocked in the keys -well, kind of since all the original CPU at that point was doing was provide clocks. I used the Launchpad MIDI spec to write the code for my own replacement Atmel controller, andit works! Well, it works in Duplex since that allows me to assign aUSB midi port I/O, and all the keys work, and the LEDs light the correct colours.

Lauflicht doesn’t want to play though - I guesssince youuse the deviceIDs to find the Launchpads. Would it be divulging a huge secret to say what vendor and device IDs you look for when Lauflicht initialises to find connected Launchpads?

Running on Linux x64.

**Update: I think that the Linux driver for the original Launchpad, to make it a compliant USB MIDI device uses 1235 and 000e … I will have a go at copying those data and see what happens …

Lauflicht doesn’t want to play though - I guesssince youuse the deviceIDs to find the Launchpads. Would it be divulging a huge secret to say what vendor and device IDs you look for when Lauflicht initialises to find connected Launchpads?

Not at all :wink:

I am usingrenoise.Midi.available_input_devices() to get a list of all available input devices, Renoise detects. Then I check if the list has an element which contains the string ‘Launchpad’ . As every Launchpad (S, Mini, Classic) uses this string as part of its midi name. Then I am creating an midi output device with the element that contained ‘Launchpad’ and sending midi messages to that device.

Ahah! I changed the product string to ‘Arcore Launchpad’ and it works. Actually it works so well that it’s uncovered a small bug - I found that my code for the replacement launchpad failed to interpret CC 0 0 as ‘clear LEDs’ … confused me for a while but all working now.

Thanks for the advice … might just have to rustle together some pocket money to buy it now !

Hi, does this tool supportsNOVATION Launchpad Mini MK2?

Hi, does this tool supportsNOVATION Launchpad Mini MK2?

Hi Akiz,

yes it should also work with the Launchpad Mini MK2 :slight_smile: